Dilemma

I think I was the first on here to get my beloved Impact fac and for 5 years it has been a cracking gun but earlier this year I took delivery of my Mk3 Wildcat .22 fc which has become my go-to gun.  It is lighter than the Impact and the difference is very apparent when carrying it round,  very quick to handle and of course accurate soooooooo

I am now thinking of tweeking the power from 30fpe up to perhaps 45fpe which will then not get me down to sub 12 on the power wheel but just have a seperate sub 12 for when needed, or even sell the Impact and get the Sniper version Wildcat and take that up the power level jeaving my gun where it is.

I am simply not using the Impact although I took it out the other night testing the Base NV90 and to be honest it just felt so different to the nimble Wildcat.  My gun is the original .25 fx smooth twist barrel so not suited to anything other than pellets which have been a deadly combination over the years, it's early days in my thought pattern but nevertheless it is in my mind to sell the Impact........................... I am not going to jump into this but I need to see what she is worth before I make a move as it is in immaculate condition and I am not going to give it away.

? ? ?

Phil

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don’t know about the mk3 wildcat, but I’d read somewhere that a bloke had a wildcat running at high power and it was a bit jumpy and didn’t handle the power like an impact. That would have been an earlier model though Phil. Maybe worth turning yours up a bit to see how it handles the power before spending out on a .25 wildcat?

• Thanks 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Phil it's laser accurate is your impact 

Lads when me and JayB0 were at his I put two yes two full mags through the same hole with it 

And fell in love with it 

Phil if I had my fac I'd be in the tank now and on my way to collect it 

I think you will regret it if you let it go 

She has been a good old girl to you mate 

And I don't mean Trish lol

Atvbjimmy ???

• Haha 1

I have had a look today at a Crown but even my trade in at £900 tops leaves too much at this moment in time so it looks like it will stay in the cabinet.  It is not that I want to get rid, it is more a thought process I am going through.

I do like that Crown however.

Phil

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

I have had a look today at a Crown but even my trade in at £900 tops leaves too much at this moment in time so it looks like it will stay in the cabinet.  It is not that I want to get rid, it is more a thought process I am going through.

I do like that Crown however.

Phil

Yerr, I like the crowns, so much so that I might have to have one, erm, I mean I need one?

My choice would be wildcat sniper .22 

impact are excellent, but shoot my FAC crown .22 more . I just think FX guns in .22 are the brilliant. My mate has his wildcat .22  running at 40 lbs , not the mark 3 and absolutely spot on shooting pellets and slugs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

My choice would be wildcat sniper .22 

impact are excellent, but shoot my FAC crown .22 more . I just think FX guns in .22 are the brilliant. My mate has his wildcat .22  running at 40 lbs , not the mark 3 and absolutely spot on shooting pellets and slugs 

Is your mates gun the sniper Mitch and if so how many shots per fill.

Never had hold of the sniper but the Crown feels really nice and if I do get one I would proberbly use that for slugs and my Mk3 Wildcat for everything else. 

Must sort out the lotto...................................... the only friggin way I will get the Crown and Pard 008 ?

• Haha 1
Just now, philpot said:

Never had hold of the sniper but the Crown feels really nice and if I do get one I would proberbly use that for slugs and my Mk3 Wildcat for everything else. 

Must sort out the lotto...................................... the only friggin way I will get the Crown and Pard 008 ?

Crown is great Phil my go to gun , out of any  of my FAC and sub 12 guns

3 minutes ago, villaman said:

He has just this evening turned his fac .25 impact into .22 and reckon it’s fantastic 

That was always my original plan as I have a slot on my ticket for several barrels including .22 which would be a superior liner around £400 including one mag which I wouldn't want as it will not fit my gun so the older mag required, hmmm might revisit that one but really wanted to reduce weight, hence the Wildcat / Crown.