My Head Torch

Spent ages, out in the kitchen, trying to tap these really long, ridiculously thin 'Panel' pins in. More like just fukking pins, really!

Anyway, I had my glasses on. My head torch ~ which I long since realised only a kunt would try to work without. And, all I'm constantly thinking is:

" Christ, I need new glasses! ". " FFS! I'm always getting in my light! " And, " I'll bet Kanny would have finished this hours ago! "

Thoroughly miserable experience. I didn't enjoy a minute of it and I was constantly distracted by the wish to just get it fukking finished and get back in here to watch more of " The Defeated " that I'm thoroughly enjoying on 'flix.

Oh; And there's the nagging doubt that this bloody head torch can't be right. It's an " Omeril ". Cost me about seen quid, off Amazon. Always been a brilliant little thing. But, fukk me, it was doing me no good out there!

Finally finished the wretched job and oh so gladly came back in here to chill  out. That's when it occurred to me I'd might as well check the batteries in this torch. Because Something was fukking wrong with it! Batteries or the LED's.

Took the three AAA's out and tested them, one after the other. Reading was " Fukked. Fukked. Fukked. " Oh. Fortunately, I keep a shit load of AAA and AA batteries here, because I use a lot of them so buy in bulk. I grabbed three fresh ones.

Popped them in. Jokingly said to the big dog; " Mind ye eyes, mate. This could be a bit bright! LOL! " And hit the button.

Jesus Fukking Christ!!!!! It was like the flash from a nuclear bomb! My retinas haven't yet recovered and the dog keeps walking into things! Christ, it was bright!!! :icon_eek:

So, yeah, if ye looking for a Really Good little head torch for fukk all money? Omeril. On Amazon.

I'm off there now. To buy a welders mask. For the next time I turn this fukking thing on!

• Haha 4

Got given 1 of these last Friday Ken..excellent bit of kit..recharges from a USB connection.18650 battery in it..and a 7yr warranty..ive seen them for about £60 online...

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Order online at Screwfix.com. Powerful, robust, focusable headlamp. Features a dimming function and battery status...

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Spent ages, out in the kitchen, trying to tap these really long, ridiculously thin 'Panel' pins in. More like just fukking pins, really!

Try putting a panel pin in your  screwdriver/drill  chuck and use it like a  drill  bit . Can be a bit fiddly  getting it centralised but worth it .

Sink it to over half way then put a fresh pin in the hole and knock it home.

?

• Like 3

My point, exactly, Kingster; I once had a " Black Diamond ". Cost me forty odd quid, twenty years ago.

Dug it out and found it needed a new bulb, about a year ago now. Oops! They've stopped making those bulbs! :shok: Sling! Completely fukking useless.

Picked up this little thing. Thought, if it could last me one winter of nipping down the shed? Paid for itself!

Done all I ever asked of it since. Has a High beam ~ blind a man at twenty yards. Low beam ~ about as much light as anyone should need. And one to turn on the washing machine.

Kanny; I've actually got this great little gizmo which one pops a pin into and simply shoves. Did tons of panelling with it. (Drove one pin through the main electric cable. That was quite an adventure. But, for another time, perhaps?)

I just felt these new pins were rather long and somewhat delicate for it. Not even sure why I insisted on using them. Sheer bloody mindedness, I s'pose. I'd bought them. Now I'd use them.

Stupid, really. I since bought a bag of my 'usual' 3/4", rather sturdier pins. Just wasn't sure they'd give the same purchase ~ through that 9mm ply ~ as the long, thin things.

And, ye know what it's like, once ye've started a job. Not gonna be beaten by these fukking pins! ?

More fun and games tomorrow. Glue will be dry and I'll be trying to power plane the doors just so, so I'll have room around them for the paint.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, king said:

Got given 1 of these last Friday Ken..excellent bit of kit..recharges from a USB connection.18650 battery in it..and a 7yr warranty..ive seen them for about £60 online...

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Order online at Screwfix.com. Powerful, robust, focusable headlamp. Features a dimming function and battery status...

Best bit of advice I've had was too use an 18650 charger not just plug in the headlight. I've got a decent fenix and can take the battery out when the light is fully charged and it will only read 75% in the battery charger 

3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

My point, exactly, Kingster; I once had a " Black Diamond ". Cost me forty odd quid, twenty years ago.

Dug it out and found it needed a new bulb, about a year ago now. Oops! They've stopped making those bulbs! :shok: Sling! Completely fukking useless.

Picked up this little thing. Thought, if it could last me one winter of nipping down the shed? Paid for itself!

Done all I ever asked of it since. Has a High beam ~ blind a man at twenty yards. Low beam ~ about as much light as anyone should need. And one to turn on the washing machine.

20yr life span is good going mate..I can't recommend these solar powered lights enough.ive had 1 for nearly 4yrs now and its still going strong..I'm going to buy these 4 in a few weeks. A few of these dotted about your yard would be spot on..obviously no need for wiring in just hang them up and job done..

781492562_Screenshot_20210920-204607_AmazonShopping.jpg.f541d53fc609c6b68bf808a03fa66c92.jpg

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Best bit of advice I've had was too use an 18650 charger not just plug in the headlight. I've got a decent fenix and can take the battery out when the light is fully charged and it will only read 75% in the battery charger 

Good tip that mate ? can't beat a good head torch..I had mine given to me in work by the office..climbing around a digger at 6:10 in the morning checking the engine oil its invaluable..

1 hour ago, king said:

Good tip that mate ? can't beat a good head torch..I had mine given to me in work by the office..climbing around a digger at 6:10 in the morning checking the engine oil its invaluable..

5 hours ago, king said:

WWW.SCREWFIX.COM

Got this off Amazon bout a year back, £15 -20?

Good. Kingtop.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20210920_215344MP.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Got this off Amazon bout a year back, £15 -20?

Good. Kingtop.

Cheers, D.

IMG_20210920_215344MP.jpg

Can't fault that price mate..I've only used a crappy 1 from a mate years ago.but since using the 1 I've got now I'm quite impressed..

6 minutes ago, king said:

Can't fault that price mate..I've only used a crappy 1 from a mate years ago.but since using the 1 I've got now I'm quite impressed..

I used to use cheap shitty ones from Asda etc, £3.99ers (still do for work lol) but since I've had this it's great for walking the dogs at :05;30am, great beam, secondary less powerful beam and (annoying) flashing beam. Red light on back and battery guage, lasts well (no data just noted what it's like) and charges from a usb charger in a couple of hours or less, just looked it up, £17.99 delivered 

Cheers, D.

4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I used to use cheap shitty ones from Asda etc, £3.99ers (still do for work lol) but since I've had this it's great for walking the dogs at :05;30am, great beam, secondary less powerful beam and (annoying) flashing beam. Red light on back and battery guage, lasts well (no data just noted what it's like) and charges from a usb charger in a couple of hours or less, just looked it up, £17.99 delivered 

Cheers, D.

Bargain mate..I might buy the same 1 as you got and give it a go.handy to keep in the jeep..I took out the cigarette socket and fitted 1 of these a while back..handy to charge them head torchs 

Screenshot_20210920-222416_eBay.jpg.38c894134f5de9ca4e3b0a2d4c45130a.jpg

9 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

They are Mickey mouse...I got a few of these about the place 

Looks almost identical to the nitecore nu32 I got. That was only 35/40 quid