Parachute Signals and a Church in Lincolnshire

23 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Definitely a downside to serving in the forces, I imagine it can be the same for firefighters who see unimaginable horrors.

Still though, not everyone is ruined by their experiences in the forces, you have to remember, many join the railway after leaving and are sound.

Good mate of mine is on the overheads and he served in Bosnia some of the stuff he’s seen and had to deal with are not right it doesn’t bother him at all he’s a good lad bit unhinged sometimes but that’s why we get on ? some of the shit I’ve seen and dealt with are not great but not a bother at all you get on with it.

Just too add out of all the emergency services I deal with firefighters are the most professional and safety conscious when dealing with an incident. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Good mate of mine is on the overheads and he served in Bosnia some of the stuff he’s seen and had to deal with are not right it doesn’t bother him at all he’s a good lad bit unhinged sometimes but that’s why we get on ? some of the shit I’ve seen and dealt with are not great but not a bother at all you get on with it.

Just too add out of all the emergency services I deal with firefighters are the most professional and safety conscious when dealing with an incident. 

The railway has been a godsend for ex-military lads and miners hasn't it?

Some of the best working times of my life working with the old pit lads from our area.

• Like 2

A lot of lads from the forces have moved over to the railway I think it’s a good move good camaraderie and all that and reasonably structured workplace although as you are well aware planning isn’t the best.

Some of the mining lads I have met in my life have been some of the best blokes I’ve met and drank with I once met a bloke on holiday who come from the Nottinghamshire area it was his honeymoon and he was at the battle of Orgreave and he said if you look at the films and archives a lamppost fell on his head when it was all kicking off it was like a badge of honour to him ? what a character. 

• Like 4