Don’t cast a cloot till mays oot

33 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Is it hard to learn to do ?

No mate I winged into this brute force and ignorance helps if your willing to stand and do it it’s just lifting stone putting them where they want to be good money in it if your good 

86E8635A-D6E5-4878-9A6D-AE845E992901.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Iv fallen in the trap of site work again but would love to take the leap and go back doing it full time 

See some nice parts of the country any other dykers in here?

Did it for years on north York’s moors with me dad when I was younger! it’s one of them things where you take to it straight away or it’s not gonna happen?   it will fcuk your back up too?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, si brown said:

This was last bit of walling I did, got it up mid March before winter settled in?

38F25D3C-EE85-4BBE-BA47-793981287654.jpeg.7275a6b9d85bb051c5ffa5a138249527.jpeg Was supposed to be back this week to do a load more but knocked⛈?

me old man is 77 and still dose it every day for an estate... mad old tw@t 

94EB263A-67D7-42C3-8D00-0FC1560DD48E.jpeg

Where are you mate an id hate to see the shape I’d be in at 77 still at this guy I work with is 58 an in right good nic for it.... wouldn’t mind regular estate work loada dykes round new builds or hanging it of the front of houses what we at just now

20 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

Where are you mate an id hate to see the shape I’d be in at 77 still at this guy I work with is 58 an in right good nic for it.... wouldn’t mind regular estate work loada dykes round new builds or hanging it of the front of houses what we at just now

My old man went to build a wall alongside the Newbury bypass twenty years ago and never came back, he’s been maintaining walls and stone work for badminton estate ever since and they just leave it to him and he roams about doing whatever :)

I’ll just get a phone call one day saying he’s been found in a field but that’s the way he wants to go!

great job if you can get in with an estate but the moneys no where near as good as subbying

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, si brown said:

My old man went to build a wall alongside the Newbury bypass twenty years ago and never came back, he’s been maintaining walls and stone work for badminton estate ever since and they just leave it to him and he roams about doing whatever :)

I’ll just get a phone call one day saying he’s been found in a field but that’s the way he wants to go!

great job if you can get in with an estate but the moneys no where near as good as subbying

Same mate I left glasgow bluffed my way into this an been all over your right crackin way of life an that’s what it is your either into it or your not tell u what tho bends you in some queer shapes eh...... nice veiw from a job

FEE4849C-B9DB-4D68-B0A1-C42FD788C040.jpeg

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

I saw the house thing first time ever last year when I was driving through glosster, looks mint... never seen anything like it?

I packed site work in when the bat bug kicked off and never went back, don’t earn half as much but I pick and choose and 90% of it is around the Yorkshire moors

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, si brown said:

I saw the house thing first time ever last year when I was driving through glosster, looks mint... never seen anything like it?

I packed site work in when the bat bug kicked off and never went back, don’t earn half as much but I pick and choose and 90% of it is around the Yorkshire moors

Built this with lads from Yorkshire up bye kingussie...

E4095395-F072-4E96-98D1-B3F961C89780.jpeg

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Rat face said:

Iv fallen in the trap of site work again but would love to take the leap and go back doing it full time 

B520CD96-D558-4106-A7D8-C80222942037.jpeg

8B7C54E0-F110-4399-9E5B-FB027A047A42.jpeg

That’s the thing... I ain’t rolling in it but I’ve had it with dickeds on site!

only thing I miss about it is the money?

Proper quality work you and jack turn out?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jackthelad said:

See some nice parts of the country any other dykers in here?

BAD83324-9B5C-467F-9230-ABE3BE237385.jpeg

4AEC0FFD-3733-4A4B-83F2-CC1E12AA7E6C.jpeg

That top wall is something else?
do a fair bit of wet wallin too, this stone was frozen for two weeks.. I had to work out what bits I needed and put them infront of a log burner in one of the outhouses to defrost?

27B6CD0D-285E-4D52-BFD5-983C9DBCE0BF.jpeg.eee97d9f60f33084ee3847c8135ef1f6.jpeg

• Like 2
On 21/05/2021 at 20:59, si brown said:

That top wall is something else?
do a fair bit of wet wallin too, this stone was frozen for two weeks.. I had to work out what bits I needed and put them infront of a log burner in one of the outhouses to defrost?

27B6CD0D-285E-4D52-BFD5-983C9DBCE0BF.jpeg.eee97d9f60f33084ee3847c8135ef1f6.jpeg

that top walls in my back garden mate thats a nice pile a rubble u gt laying there ....is that limestone?

• Like 1