Extremely Serious Question

2 minutes ago, Allan P said:

WTF do Whippets have pricked ears now, I’m sure they never used to years ago. 

The breed Standard says ears should be"Rose shaped and small". Prick ears would be considered a fault.

They crop up now and again, and have done as long as I can recall, but I've no interest in K.C. Shows, so as long as it doesn't affect their performance.....who cares ? ?

Cheers.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The breed Standard says ears should be"Rose shaped and small". Prick ears would be considered a fault.

They crop up now and again, and have done as long as I can recall, but I've no interest in K.C. Shows, so as long as it doesn't affect their performance.....who cares ? ?

Cheers.

What about aerodynamics ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Brindle whippets are equipped with go faster stripes, and natural camo for stealth mousing

So that’s why they have massive fecking ears so they can hear them. 

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Correct there charts.  Seen dozens of prick eared whippets over the years.

• Like 2
On 15/05/2021 at 17:58, Allan P said:

WTF do Whippets have pricked ears now, I’m sure they never used to years ago. 

A lot over here do now, they could have other blood in some cases if from workers. I personally think it looks up to shit but I wouldn't go down the looks road breeding working dogs. 

2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

A lot over here do now, they could have other blood in some cases if from workers. I personally think it looks up to shit but I wouldn't go down the looks road breeding working dogs. 

It was a bit of a daft post just a bit bored. But I still don’t get where the ears have come from. Don’t the non ped whips usually have a bit of grey in them and they aren’t pricked eared. 

7 hours ago, Allan P said:

It was a bit of a daft post just a bit bored. But I still don’t get where the ears have come from. Don’t the non ped whips usually have a bit of grey in them and they aren’t pricked eared. 

Not daft at all Allan...?

A lot of whippet lines seem to throw up the 'prick eared' trait....

Obviously when hybridised with other types, this trait continues....

Personally, I prefer the rose shaped ear of the Greyhound,..but this is purely a cosmetic preferance and as you know,..looks mean nowt...

All the best, stay safe, Old Phil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1