My view for work

• 1 month later...

That's a nice view ??

This used to be my view but I took redundancy late last year and don't have to go any more!! ?
That's me with my back to the camera with the silver coloured helmet on, Had 42 years of the foundry, Was ready to pack in as I got a dose of (I think) covid early last year, I'm asthmatic and have copd but since then I can't even get up the stairs in one go!!

Still have three years til my oap but everything's paid off so can take it easy now!!

e7La6V3.jpg

UeNHGMf.jpg 

fCPptDJ.jpg

I was cleaning the downgates on a 70t ladle here, My mate must have been off as he used to do this and I used to open it when there were multiple openings..

Io7yPMa.jpg

I'm so happy to be an idle bugger now!! ??

John ?

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 10
11 hours ago, johnbaz said:

That's a nice view ??

This used to be my view but I took redundancy late last year and don't have to go any more!! ?
That's me with my back to the camera with the silver coloured helmet on, Had 42 years of the foundry, Was ready to pack in as I got a dose of (I think) covid early last year, I'm asthmatic and have copd but since then I can't even get up the stairs in one go!!

Still have three years til my oap but everything's paid off so can take it easy now!!

e7La6V3.jpg

UeNHGMf.jpg 

fCPptDJ.jpg

I was cleaning the downgates on a 70t ladle here, My mate must have been off as he used to do this and I used to open it when there were multiple openings..

Io7yPMa.jpg

I'm so happy to be an idle bugger now!! ??

John ?

Is that the one terminator died in ?

• Haha 4
On 06/06/2021 at 11:59, tatsblisters said:

Is that Forge Masters johnbaz remember working for a contractor in brown bailey's and Dunford Hadfield's and seeing scenes like this no wonder them furnace lads were ready for a pint after their shift.

It is Tats, Had most of my working life in the foundry!

John ?

• Like 1