TX 200 HC MK3 .177 , after the crop damaging wood pigeons.

Settled into the hedgerows with a full leaf suit on, camo draped over the primos sticks and the wait begins.

The farmers gas bangers are firing every 15 minus to little avail.

Here's the crops the pigeons are damaging/ eating, fields of oil seed rape, I didn't`t want to break cover so photographed through the trees.

IMG_1521.JPG.6723c8efe67af6fc62e8ed995444ea75.JPG

Here's the range and area I was shooting over.

IMG_1520.JPG.cd5d737537b10aa5691b24606647da74.JPG

I had three in the bag inside an hour and the TX was really performing as well as it always does.

I love the TX 200`s.

IMG_1519.JPG.7c9f0df18264139cd83b1a9c15b12900.JPG

The evening was soon ruined though when this chap appeared and stayed around, ah well.

IMG_1523.JPG

• Like 8

22 hours ago, mark williams said:

Settled into the hedgerows with a full leaf suit on, camo draped over the primos sticks and the wait begins.

The farmers gas bangers are firing every 15 minus to little avail.

Here's the crops the pigeons are damaging/ eating, fields of oil seed rape, I didn't`t want to break cover so photographed through the trees.

IMG_1521.JPG.6723c8efe67af6fc62e8ed995444ea75.JPG

Here's the range and area I was shooting over.

IMG_1520.JPG.cd5d737537b10aa5691b24606647da74.JPG

I had three in the bag inside an hour and the TX was really performing as well as it always does.

I love the TX 200`s.

IMG_1519.JPG.7c9f0df18264139cd83b1a9c15b12900.JPG

The evening was soon ruined though when this chap appeared and stayed around, ah well.

IMG_1523.JPG

If he was drifting in from a south easterly, it was probably king off here! ?

• Haha 1

Hi Mark 

Not visited here for a while now, 

Just wondering what the TX is like compared to the 97 in 177?

Ive got my 97,80,and 56TH all tuned to where they are nice and am looking to get a TX as it's such a lovely gun and so easy to strip for tuning (although by most accounts it doesn't need tuning!) 

Plus looks like a HC, what's your opinion on it against the standard length? 

Great Post as always! 

Robo9

Nelson 

New Zealand 

• Like 1

Hi Robo,

I use the HW97 and TX 200 HC MK3 regularly for hunting, nothing between them buddy except for personal choice, they are both superb rifles.

I bought the HW97 from a good friend on the forum Pianoman, ( Simon ) with highly polished internals, Sandwell Field Sports kit fitted and correctly lubed, a truly formidable hunting rifle.

I bought the TX 200 HC and had a stage 4 tune done by Rat Works, absolutely outstanding hunting rifle also but for aesthetics I should and wish I had bought the Walnut stocked version.

I prefer the carbine rifles for hide work/ woodlands over full length but each to their own buddy.

Yes a TX out of the box is easily ready to go into the hunting field, many say they are as good as tuned out of the box.

atb, Mark.

17 hours ago, mark williams said:

Hi Robo,

I use the HW97 and TX 200 HC MK3 regularly for hunting, nothing between them buddy except for personal choice, they are both superb rifles.

I bought the HW97 from a good friend on the forum Pianoman, ( Simon ) with highly polished internals, Sandwell Field Sports kit fitted and correctly lubed, a truly formidable hunting rifle.

I bought the TX 200 HC and had a stage 4 tune done by Rat Works, absolutely outstanding hunting rifle also but for aesthetics I should and wish I had bought the Walnut stocked version.

I prefer the carbine rifles for hide work/ woodlands over full length but each to their own buddy.

Yes a TX out of the box is easily ready to go into the hunting field, many say they are as good as tuned out of the box.

atb, Mark.

Have a look at Custom Stocks Sheffield Mark. Those TX’s look mint in a cs800??

181E016A-CCA1-4FCE-BB81-800F5696666A.jpeg

A07C33FE-48CC-4604-9C3A-16F481548789.jpeg

Edited by Dervburner
Couple of pics
  • Like 3