Hob care info

Hello I've been given a 8 month old hob as he was left with two Jill's the previous owner said he wasn't getting on with the others so I've taken him on, anyway he's got some scabs on the top of his neck and was wondering what I can do to help him? They dont look infected just crusty ? thank you

39 minutes ago, Mooseontheloose said:

What's best todo about these scabs? 

Ferrets are seriously tough sob’s, they’ll heal don’t fret. I’ve got a ferret that’s about 14, just refuses to die. Had various lumps and problems and just when I think I’ll have to knock her on the head and put her out her misery she heals up got another old one had a huge tumour in her gut but didn’t seem in any pain and seemed happy so left her and it just disappeared! Amazing, tough animals ferrets. Take more than a few scabs to bother a ferret. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

Ferrets are seriously tough sob’s, they’ll heal don’t fret. I’ve got a ferret that’s about 14, just refuses to die. Had various lumps and problems and just when I think I’ll have to knock her on the head and put her out her misery she heals up got another old one had a huge tumour in her gut but didn’t seem in any pain and seemed happy so left her and it just disappeared! Amazing, tough animals ferrets. Take more than a few scabs to bother a ferret. 

Thanks mate 

Agree with others that's a classic indicator of hob on hob action. Just occasionally those bites get infected, it will be an obvious swelling if so. Most often they heal with just salt water cleaning required. I used noxema the medicated cream to help keep crap out after cleaning. Seems to be well tolerated by their skin