Ozzie dogs

Managed about 3 minutes until that voice broke me down. Reckon she wouldn’t need collies or acd’s to shift livestock if she just started talking in that nasal whine, they’d be right on the move. Good point re ‘issues’ she’s encountered with some of the breeds ‘habits’. Nothing new, but people complain about pastoral breeds nipping..., like it’s bad behaviour. But that is maybe a desired quality in a working animal, and so inherent in the dog’s design. Suppose the same applies to all purpose bred dogs. People shocked when their GSD bites the postman, or their bull breed wires into next door’s Doberman. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Actually thought (hoped) the thread would be about wild dogs in Oz. Been watching vids on utube of a few guys shooting wild/feral dogs and cats. Think I’d like a go at that. 

sorry i disappointed you lol

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Managed about 3 minutes until that voice broke me down. Reckon she wouldn’t need collies or acd’s to shift livestock if she just started talking in that nasal whine, they’d be right on the move. Good point re ‘issues’ she’s encountered with some of the breeds ‘habits’. Nothing new, but people complain about pastoral breeds nipping..., like it’s bad behaviour. But that is maybe a desired quality in a working animal, and so inherent in the dog’s design. Suppose the same applies to all purpose bred dogs. People shocked when their GSD bites the postman, or their bull breed wires into next door’s Doberman. 

Good post that mate 

Just now, WILF said:

Have you watched any of the pig hunting stuff with the Bull Arabs mate ?

yeah .lots of it ...some job and ive a few dvds with it as well,,some buzz lol

Just now, jigsaw said:

yeah .lots of it ...some job and ive a few dvds with it as well,,some buzz lol

Yeah, it’s quality isn’t it.

Have you the Hogs, Dogs & Quads DVD’s ?

Some f***ing set up them boys have got 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, WILF said:

Have you watched any of the pig hunting stuff with the Bull Arabs mate ?

I had a go at that in nz, hilly thick country so its all on foot, no quads or anything, it's great fun but you need to be fit!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I had a go at that in nz, hilly thick country so its all on foot, no quads or anything, it's great fun but you need to be fit!

A mate of mine did that mate, loved it.

Had to pack the pig out of the bush on his shoulders ! 

50 minutes ago, socks said:

Unleash horse ???

Some of the places we went I didn't fit through the bush, nevermind a horse! They do use horses in some places but where we went it was shanks pony or not at all!

3 hours ago, Tyla said:

Some of the places we went I didn't fit through the bush, nevermind a horse! They do use horses in some places but where we went it was shanks pony or not at all!

No mate they had a big blue/grey beast of a dog called horse that was let loose when something needed stopped dead ?