Born ,yesterday

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These guys arrived a few days early.  Sugar had a total of 13 but 2 were still born and as of this morning all the pups seem well fed and had no interest in a bottle feed .This is her first litter.The

After all the pups had gone ,a guy whom I know contacted me asking if any were left, as he was looking for a running dog .I thought about the matter over night & replied he could have one of the t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, toolebox said:

Ive just lost the will to live after posting the above ,its all too much for even me .lol 

Same here, just saying these things, even not meaning it, bores into your brain with the thought of being the ultimate dickhead, lol.

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...

After all the pups had gone ,a guy whom I know contacted me asking if any were left, as he was looking for a running dog .I thought about the matter over night & replied he could have one of the two I had planed on keeping .Arrangements were made for him to travel the 6 hours down to mine at the weekend .He dually arriving bringing with him his family ,wife & daughter & two bushing type dogs I had bred and given to him two or 3 years ago .The dogs were in great shape ,family pets that are worked on trips away .They were all nice people & when he stated the pup was to be his daughters pet I smiled & thought he will be loved & valued there. The price I informed him as we reached the car was zip ,It was enough that he had taken the time & effort to travel all that way & the pup owed me nothing & since I knew he enjoyed the sport just as I do, I was pleased with the arrangement.

I consider myself a member of a very small group of guys that share ,if one has say extra pups or ferrets ,nets etc , you contact the others & and ask do you need ......its the right thing to do & sharing has benefited all at one time or another & there is a saying here " what goes round comes around " .This has worked well for a number of years now.

I kept this guy whom I named "Snow".Smooth coated  with brindle patches on either side of his head .

sugars pup 15.jpg

• Like 16
6 hours ago, toolebox said:

After all the pups had gone ,a guy whom I know contacted me asking if any were left, as he was looking for a running dog .I thought about the matter over night & replied he could have one of the two I had planed on keeping .Arrangements were made for him to travel the 6 hours down to mine at the weekend .He dually arriving bringing with him his family ,wife & daughter & two bushing type dogs I had bred and given to him two or 3 years ago .The dogs were in great shape ,family pets that are worked on trips away .They were all nice people & when he stated the pup was to be his daughters pet I smiled & thought he will be loved & valued there. The price I informed him as we reached the car was zip ,It was enough that he had taken the time & effort to travel all that way & the pup owed me nothing & since I knew he enjoyed the sport just as I do, I was pleased with the arrangement.

I consider myself a member of a very small group of guys that share ,if one has say extra pups or ferrets ,nets etc , you contact the others & and ask do you need ......its the right thing to do & sharing has benefited all at one time or another & there is a saying here " what goes round comes around " .This has worked well for a number of years now.

I kept this guy whom I named "Snow".Smooth coated  with brindle patches on either side of his head .

sugars pup 15.jpg

If only there were more folk like you and less greedy folk, money is worth so little when you can have folk like in your life.Well done with finding the right home for the pup..:clapper:,you shit out there Tomo :laugh:..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 4 months later...

Further  up date ,I saw a add on FB about rehoming a bitch ,I took a look again & by checking my message I found that this bitch was from a litter I bred last year whom are now aged about 7 months old  .In that litter there was two bitches that showed the very unusual color for a lurcher of a shade of dark chocolate & I took a fancy to the idea of keeping one but as Ive already got too many thought Id better pass on that idea .I gave the lady a call and offered to take " na na " back (FFS  I didn't name her lol  ),to find she's a compete bloody nut job ,has no manners ,was jumping up ,barking for no good  reason ,would do 20 tight number 8s around me at mack one speed  but  thankfully after some work on my part she's starting get there ,oh apart from grabbing any dead rabbit and bolting off with it along with her only one ,that's speed flat out all the time however she shows some promise, and at this point in time she leaves my ferret alone. She has nearly stopped racing after the other dogs & roaring in their face ,which on the first day saw two of the older bitches rake her nose with some teeth, teaching her one valuable lesson .I like her love of life ,her clown habits and all the other funny wee things she does ,some good strong leadership should help to mold her into a nice working lurcher given time . She is certainly very keen & just like her Dam she also is a keen hunter /worker. yes ...she also has the mad yellow eyes . 

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 5

Yes, I have heard it  said a mad dog has a mad owner ...mmm at times I  think Id agree after some hair brained dangerous idea hasn't quite gone to plan ,its these times I'm glad I work alone and for the most part..... unseen .

• Haha 1