Bivy alarms

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These days most carp fishermen are full of Stella and skunk, going round stealing their rods is big business ?

Malinois

Try this ?

Posted Images

It's  A sod that you have to do anthing to protect your stuff.  The trouble with any sort of alarm is firstly is anyone going to take any notice of it. Often car alarms go off but people don't take any notice of it.  House alarms, ect, ect.  We have a cctv system and one morning I opened the curtains to see one of the fence posts in the middle of the lawn.?.?.  On going through the coverage I  saw a car  mount the curb and plough into the fence at about 6 o'clock.  We were in the house having dinner.!  We didn't hear a thing.  If someone breaks into your shed and sets this trip off then what you going to do.  They WILL BE carrying a hammer to break off the next padlock that you put on it.

1 hour ago, Meece said:

It's  A sod that you have to do anthing to protect your stuff.  The trouble with any sort of alarm is firstly is anyone going to take any notice of it. Often car alarms go off but people don't take any notice of it.  House alarms, ect, ect.  We have a cctv system and one morning I opened the curtains to see one of the fence posts in the middle of the lawn.?.?.  On going through the coverage I  saw a car  mount the curb and plough into the fence at about 6 o'clock.  We were in the house having dinner.!  We didn't hear a thing.  If someone breaks into your shed and sets this trip off then what you going to do.  They WILL BE carrying a hammer to break off the next padlock that you put on it.

I'll be out there with the lamp and baseball bat. Unless they are after something particularly then most are just opportunists so lighting up the yard with the lamp should be enough. I'm just happier knowing I've got a heads up if someone is mooching about. If this turns out to be to cheap and unreliable I'll get something similar but better quality 

20 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've already got one of these. Problem is everytime I open the workshop I forget and set it off ?

At the minute I'm using cut down 12G cartridges and it's a faff setting it up everytime. I should buy some proper black powder blanks for it really as the cut down cartridges aren't really very loud once you cut and release the pressure in em. 

Surely the sensors will pick up any wildlife movement, you be running out in middle night bollock naked with a base ball bat chasing shadows lol

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jackknife said:

Surely the sensors will pick up any wildlife movement, you be running out in middle night bollock naked with a base ball bat chasing shadows lol

Not if I put the sensors in my workshop ?

1 minute ago, Jackknife said:

Ffs ? in that case throw them shite in the bin and install a proper alarm system, I give up ?

Lol, yeah I know. I just have to try all the cheap options first before I part with money ?

9 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

???

Alright clever dick which alarm system do you recommend? ?

Something that uses perimiter beams, usually wireless, long range detection, alerts to your mobile giving you live feed. 

Something I looked into long time ago when I had a dog nicked but never bothered with it in the end. 

Sorry best I got lol 

• Like 1

Anyone interested in a set of bivvy alarms.....honestly best thing I ever bought....really good.....saved my stuff....numerous times.... 

I just need the money cos....errr....kids need new shoes... 

I paid £70 for em.....£50 takes em ?

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Anyone interested in a set of bivvy alarms.....honestly best thing I ever bought....really good.....saved my stuff....numerous times.... 

I just need the money cos....errr....kids need new shoes... 

I paid £70 for em.....£50 takes em ?

Ffs I see your cheap options were short lived ?