Planning ahead

Thinking in the long run. Been pleased with how my little dog has come on, wanting to find him a bitch to put him over in the next couple years. Wanting something with a little more height. What are your thoughts? He is 21”tts Dam collie, whippet, bull, grey. Sire 3/4 beddy whippet. 

54815CF5-F8B5-42A1-A23F-DC0F6107A49F.png

97080D3A-BF70-4163-BF30-84A59D048100.png

E6C25F1F-209F-4E79-8FC0-905C1AB19E96.jpeg

• Like 10

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking in the long run. Been pleased with how my little dog has come on, wanting to find him a bitch to put him over in the next couple years. Wanting something with a little more height. What are y

Cheers ?not about numbers for me mate, but like most people on here my passion is running dogs. So like a lot of others any spare time I get I’m out with my dog trying to find him game to run. Also my

Was thinking that myself. But they got shit feet, no stamina, too much prey drive, no brains, crap coat, eeerm, give me a minute, and I'll try to think of a few more negatives lol

Posted Images

On 22/01/2021 at 12:08, Runner96 said:

Thinking in the long run. Been pleased with how my little dog has come on, wanting to find him a bitch to put him over in the next couple years. Wanting something with a little more height. What are your thoughts? He is 21”tts Dam collie, whippet, bull, grey. Sire 3/4 beddy whippet. 

I do like that dog mate lol. 

If you're happy with how he is, then if it was my dog, decision would be simple. Same type, but without whippet, maybe with a little more greyhound in. Bred to a bitch of around 24 - 25" should, in theory give you dog pups around 24"ish, bitches around 23"ish. ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Runner96 said:

Always got to plan ahead mate better than leaving it till last minute?? If it was me it’d be to a beddy greyhound type with a bit of size an bone to it wouldn’t want to add anymore whippet in there but saying that what ever you put him to you could still get throw backs smaller than you already have but gotta be worth the chance if your happy with the dog??

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, poxon said:

Always got to plan ahead mate better than leaving it till last minute?? If it was me it’d be to a beddy greyhound type with a bit of size an bone to it wouldn’t want to add anymore whippet in there but saying that what ever you put him to you could still get throw backs smaller than you already have but gotta be worth the chance if your happy with the dog??

Yep, something like your bitch, in a couple of years time. Could be a very nice litter ?

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, something like your bitch, in a couple of years time. Could be a very nice litter ?

Think something similar type to that bitch of mine would make a nice little litter but with my bitches breeding because there’s so much in there it’d be a right scatter breeding I mean with my original litter/s the first litter was relatively even just rough an smooth the second litter that was a repeat mating same dam an sire it was a right hotch potch litter some were like collie crosses some like beddy crosses all at various heights tts I had one to look at you’d say none ped (whippet greyhound) for my bitch I’ve got now if I was to breed in the future it’d have to go to a greyhound as her breeding needs ironing out a bit I don’t wanna put any more bits an bobs in there as the sire an dam to my bitch as been Lurcher to lurchers for quite a few generations now 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, poxon said:

Was thinking something like beddy/grey. Have a friend who keeps a nice Saluki bull grey bitch, but she is still Young, but you never know. 

• Like 1
Just now, Runner96 said:

Was thinking something like beddy/grey. Have a friend who keeps a nice Saluki bull grey bitch, but she is still Young, but you never know. 

Always gotta keep your options open mate that’s the beauty about dogs were as bitchs you’d need to make your mind up if you wanted a little by 5-6yrs old but a dog you can get a litter out of them later on in yrs 

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

I do like that dog mate lol. 

If you're happy with how he is, then if it was my dog, decision would be simple. Same type, but without whippet, maybe with a little more greyhond in. Bred to a bitch of around 24 - 25" should, in theory give you dog pups around 24"ish, bitches around 23"ish. ?

Bull x then

• Haha 1

Think a good beddy greyhound mixes nicely with other xs normally producing handy pot hunting dogs for general use ive seen it a good number of times over the years with over bred dogs that gets put back to a f1s don’t know what it is but they tend to produce high prey driven dogs with good noses,decent coat,trainable,decent enough feet well constructed for running 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

What about a straight grey, bigger dog and not lose any pace.

Was thinking that myself. But they got shit feet, no stamina, too much prey drive, no brains, crap coat, eeerm, give me a minute, and I'll try to think of a few more negatives lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
58 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lol, I've had a pure grey as a lurcher and you are not wrong but crossed Runner's lurcher I think they could get the good parts, size, drive, more uniformity in the litter maybe. I really liked my pure grey he was loyal, a good guard and always put in 100% but I wouldn't have another pure one for hunting.