Hw110 scope rail

5 minutes ago, Jake w said:

Feel silly for asking this lol but Iv got a hw110k the scope rail is called a picatinny rail I believe do all scope mounts fit or do I need like certain mounts

cheers Jake W

You need weaver type mounts jake. Mounts for 11mm dovetails won’t fit.

• Like 1
On 13/12/2020 at 19:31, Jake w said:

Thanks mate il be sure to grab some new ones then thanks mate 

Just remember that some people call them picatiny and others call them weaver, both fit as they are the same thing.  Depending on your budget, take a serious look at the Hawke Airmax 30 Compact s/f scope as they are really good, small and lighter than full size scopes.  I have a 3-12x40 on my 110k which is superb, totally recommend them, in fact I am toying with the idea of selling my Airmax s/f that sits on my FX Impact and getting another to go on that.

Phil

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, philpot said:

Just remember that some people call them picatiny and others call them weaver, both fit as they are the same thing.  Depending on your budget, take a serious look at the Hawke Airmax 30 Compact s/f scope as they are really good, small and lighter than full size scopes.  I have a 3-12x40 on my 110k which is superb, totally recommend them, in fact I am toying with the idea of selling my Airmax s/f that sits on my FX Impact and getting another to go on that.

Phil

Il be sure to check them out mate thanks 

6 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

Hi mate just quick question have you ever owned a mtc viper connect scopes? If so just wondered how you would compare them to the Hawke compact you have mentioned all it is it’s just that I was originally set on the Mtc’s but no you have thrown a spanner in the works lol and I’m now looking at the Hawke compact 

Yes I did have for a very short while the MTC Vioer Connect. Not great in my opinion, an expensive mount is needed if not included with the scope, mine was not.  Very close eye relief which I found uncomfortable but a big issue with white out.  To be honest not as good as I expected and if you are going to use an add on nv, they are rubbish and in fact are listed by MTC as not suitable with nv.

Buy the Hawke every day of the weeek.

Phil

• Like 2

Phil is spot on can’t go wrong with Hawke , but look at discovery scopes , I have three discovery, two ffp and one sfp all three are fantastic.  Can’t stand MTC scopes , but what do you expect daystate owns them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, philpot said:

Yes I did have for a very short while the MTC Vioer Connect. Not great in my opinion, an expensive mount is needed if not included with the scope, mine was not.  Very close eye relief which I found uncomfortable but a big issue with white out.  To be honest not as good as I expected and if you are going to use an add on nv, they are rubbish and in fact are listed by MTC as not suitable with nv.

Buy the Hawke every day of the weeek.

Phil

Hi mate thank you for the reply With that reply I am going to leave the mtc’s and go look at the Hawke and have a read about the scopes villa man has mentioned again thanks for the reply mate 

8 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil is spot on can’t go wrong with Hawke , but look at discovery scopes , I have three discovery, two ffp and one sfp all three are fantastic.  Can’t stand MTC scopes , but what do you expect daystate owns them 

Hi mate il be sure to check them out just a quick question what’s ffp and sfp ? Many thanks Jake 

3 hours ago, Jake w said:

Hi mate il be sure to check them out just a quick question what’s ffp and sfp ? Many thanks Jake 

Ffp= first focal plane, ssp = second focal plane.

Look em up mate, some very useful info ?

Sorry villaman, not answering for you, just helping the guy out with a bit of info ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Fff = first focal plane, ssp = second focal plane.

Sorry villaman, not answering for you, just helping the guy out with a bit of info ?

My arse needs wiping, can you come round ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Fff = first focal plane, ssp = second focal plane.

Hi il be sure to look it up is any of the two any better for shooting at night under a torch/ lamp 

many thanks Jake