Apple.

39 minutes ago, kanny said:

That's what I was leaning towards. ??????.  I don't know about all Apple products but I have a 27 inch IMac and every technical detail is automatically transmitted backwards and forwards to Apple every time that it is switched on. Stuff like serial number, ios version , my isp number, location are all transmitted.  So the stuff on this lorry load must all be pretty useless to anyone who obtains it.  If someone switches any of this stuff on then that item must give it's identity away.......  knock on door.!!  Unless you know different.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Meece said:

That's what I was leaning towards. ??????.  I don't know about all Apple products but I have a 27 inch IMac and every technical detail is automatically transmitted backwards and forwards to Apple every time that it is switched on. Stuff like serial number, ios version , my isp number, location are all transmitted.  So the stuff on this lorry load must all be pretty useless to anyone who obtains it.  If someone switches any of this stuff on then that item must give it's identity away.......  knock on door.!!  Unless you know different.

I was reading between the lines and presumed it was this robbery that you was getting at ,and yeah I thought the same, is this lot going to light up like a Christmas tree the moment its switched on  :hmm:

15 minutes ago, kanny said:

I was reading between the lines and presumed it was this robbery that you was getting at ,and yeah I thought the same, is this lot going to light up like a Christmas tree the moment its switched on  :hmm:

In the modern era of global connectivity all of the Apple products are part of a family.  Everything connects automatically.   If you type something onto your phone or tablet out on site somewhere it automatically transfers to your Mac or other Apple devices.  So when you get back to base or home you can just pop it up and print it or edit and transfer to anywhere.  Talk about big brother.  But if your all legit and above board you ain't got any worries.  One of the blokes in the rifle club has got the lot and it amazed me how he was in a car park and paid for the car park ticket without even getting a ticket,  AND when the car park attendant came to his vehicle he already knows that the ticket has beèn paid for via their ticket systems.  Perhaps the people who have nicked all this stuff are just going to throw it out and make what they can or they've got some way around this.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Meece said:

In the modern era of global connectivity all of the Apple products are part of a family.  Everything connects automatically.   If you type something onto your phone or tablet out on site somewhere it automatically transfers to your Mac or other Apple devices.  So when you get back to base or home you can just pop it up and print it or edit and transfer to anywhere.  Talk about big brother.  But if your all legit and above board you ain't got any worries.  One of the blokes in the rifle club has got the lot and it amazed me how he was in a car park and paid for the car park ticket without even getting a ticket,  AND when the car park attendant came to his vehicle he already knows that the ticket has beèn paid for via their ticket systems.  Perhaps the people who have nicked all this stuff are just going to throw it out and make what they can or they've got some way around this.

All that technology but there will still be a little paki on a market stall that can unlock it all for a tenner ?

• Haha 2

But it ain't locked.  It's more a case of as soon as you light any of this stuff up it's like flying a flag.  The system... (Apple) registers it working.  Like a submarine surfacing.  Your ISP  and location are going to show up.  You cant disable It because it has to communicate to work.

Edited by Meece