Cricklewoood. A Irishmans view

22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Cricklewood,Neasden,Willseden,Kilburn was full of Irish in the 80,s they had some good little communities going.....but like the rest of us they've been replaced by Somalians now !

I have a few older neighbours that fondly talk of kilburn and thoes areas. One went back not long ago for a visit and couldn't belive how much it changed.

Atb j 

1 hour ago, jetro said:

I have a few older neighbours that fondly talk of kilburn and thoes areas. One went back not long ago for a visit and couldn't belive how much it changed.

Atb j 

Like all these places its only the people thats really changed,well not even " changed "......." replaced " would be a more precise term..

Im pretty sure they still have The Irish Times round that way.....i remember one of the most racist men i ever knew was an Irishman from Neasden,f**k me you should of heard him when they built that Temple there,must of been early 90's....funny f****r he was and a great character ?

• Like 1
Just now, gnasher16 said:

Like all these places its only the people thats really changed,well not even " changed "......." replaced " would be a more precise term..

Im pretty sure they still have The Irish Times round that way.....i remember one of the most racist men i ever knew was an Irishman from Neasden,f**k me you should of heard him when they built that Temple there,must of been early 90's....funny f****r he was and a great character ?

There's a few of them here still lol

Atb j 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Youve got me mixed up with somebody else gnasher, i wasnt over there 80s or 90s

• Haha 1

went over with my local gaa club to play hurling in ryslip many yrs ago,we stayed in the crown hotel for the wkend,i met and got talking to loads of old irish lads down the  pubs,my heart went out to them, burnt out by work and drink,lot of them had nothing,only go to the local for a dinner on a sunday to watch hurling matches along with a few pints,a lot were ashamed to go home to ireland, didnt do me well thinking about the old lads on my way back home.THEY ARE THE FORGOTTEN IRISH.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, stonewall said:

went over with my local gaa club to play hurling in ryslip many yrs ago,we stayed in the crown hotel for the wkend,i met and got talking to loads of old irish lads down the  pubs,my heart went out to them, burnt out by work and drink,lot of them had nothing,only go to the local for a dinner on a sunday to watch hurling matches along with a few pints,a lot were ashamed to go home to ireland, didnt do me well thinking about the old lads on my way back home.THEY ARE THE FORGOTTEN IRISH.

That’s very much my experience of Irish lads around them areas mate, didn’t want to say for fear of insulting anyone but now you have said it you are completely right.

The lads I remember would be in the same clothes Monday to Saturday lunch time.

It was drink, sleep then on site for 7:30 To 4 and repeat......they were stinking by Wednesday.

Some of them were hot bedding and all sorts ?

Horrible life 

Edited by WILF