H&N slugs .25

Tested .25 H&N slugs on Sunday  and definitely work great in my impact. Hitting same zero as JSB mk2 33.9 gr  but @ 75 yards hitting 1/2 milldot higher than mk2’s, must be a far better BC , can’t wait to try them at 100+ yards .

i have fitted the superior heavy liner and can’t believe how much more accurate JSB mk2 are Through it ,  That goes with JSB and H&N slugs as well worth £82 in my eyes 

• Like 2

I’ve been using the .22 h&n slugs in a standard x twist barrel and it pretty much puts them through the same hole at eighty yards so I haven’t even thought about a different liner. Is the .25 more fussy than .22 maybe? I know they’ve had problems getting them to work well.

49 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve been using the .22 h&n slugs in a standard x twist barrel and it pretty much puts them through the same hole at eighty yards so I haven’t even thought about a different liner. Is the .25 more fussy than .22 maybe? I know they’ve had problems getting them to work well.

I tried a few .25 slugs  wildman slugs , pro hunter plus got given a few neilson slugs and never could get them to work infact all three were shit and that’s putting it politely  , but JSB and H&N slugs are very good indeed with out any tuning 

• Like 1

It is very interesting what you lads can do with the newer Impacts and liner combinations but I recall seeing an earlier 'airgun 101' where they were shooting slugs through a standard gaystate rifle on the US bench rest venue with the same results as being gained by the FX boys.  With that in mind, I am still curious to try some in my old Impact but I am not at this stage buying new barrel and liners as it works well enough with AA pellets but I suspect the slugs would have less effect from the wind which is a major factor if shooting 70  - 100mt range, not that I do so often but it would be an interesting alternative although I use my impact on a great many occasions at much closer ranges.  

I harp on about bloody pensions but trust me boys, when you want to just modify this and update that and buy god knows how many slug types, it becomes a bit tricky for me.  I ask myself, is it worth updating my Impact but I have my .22lr and .22WMR so I have range covered but nevertheless it makes me wonder.......................?

Phil

16 hours ago, Dervburner said:

All the early slug testing regarding fx was thrown at .22 as thats the South African limit for air rifles ,that’s were there YouTube sales bitches live,.. these new liners have the rifling presses in slightly deeper so grip/spin better.. you can get round the new barrels with different lead density’s that’s how h&n and jsb did it but traditional rifling will shoot any of them as long as you can get the speed up

• Like 3