Sweet. They had B2s down there not so long ago flying with our F-35s. Mean combo!

When I lived in Linc's I totally took it for granted seeing the Vulcan, Lancaster, Spitfires, AWACS, Tornadoes, Harriers etc. Week in week out.

The Tonka's were my favourite, almost always paired up ripping by low and fast. Proper death or glory strike fighter.

Edited by Born Hunter
33 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

918389628_b52055.JPG.c7e2e7df43528ab6ab9685b6a4f4a776.JPGturns out they turned up at fairford this week.did not hear them come in but they are now doing laps over my house in cheltenham.nice to see something flying.

I was fishing near south Cerney when the gulf war was on, the stealth bombers going in and out at night was something special but not very stealthy ?

During Desert Storm, there was a squadron of B52s based at Jeddah airport in Saudi, and another squadron based in Diego Garcia that refuelled in Jeddah. I never tired of watching them land with their drogue deployed, or taking off at full power with a full load heading for Iraq.

Amazing aircraft for 60 years old !

Cheers.

Just now, chartpolski said:

During Desert Storm, there was a squadron of B52s based at Jeddah airport in Saudi, and another squadron based in Diego Garcia that refuelled in Jeddah. I never tired of watching them land with their drogue deployed, or taking off at full power with a full load heading for Iraq.

Amazing aircraft for 60 years old !

Cheers.

I read an article recently where they said it’s totally plausible that the aircraft will see 100 years service! 
If it ain’t broke...