From Russia with love

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One thing i still cant work out about the Whyte/Povetkin fight was why there was no count ??......the result was announced as a tko but it wasnt a technical knock out it was a clear cut knock out.....

The only man in the world that can call himself a dick on a public forum and think he’s winning the argument ,??????

By the way you are aware that Boycie was the rich successful one and Trigger was the dullard,the dope ?.....i mean i,ll take that all day long but i dont think you quite understand the...............o

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

I agree it's a massive hit to whytes career. One he may never recover from.

I wouldn't say past it Povetkin though. He is a dangerous man. Bet there's not one 41yr olds that can match him, or many 32yr olds (whytes age) in the world that could. So past it is a bit strong. He is still up there in the current crop of poor heavyweights we have.

Regards 'ducking' it's all about money now, same as most sports and to be fair most walks of life.

So I go back to, if the days graft didn't pay what u wanted did you do it? If ur a boxer, footballer, gardener, spark, tiler.....If you arent happy with the day rate you don't go to work??????

I don't know, Big John Fury would eat him alive. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

He could have said £50m, the facts are though he isn't the champ or the main draw. 

We have Lomachenko taking a pay cut to fight Lopez FFS. 

How my mind works is, if I was a heavyweight boxerand I was 100% confident I could beat, for example, AJ or Fury. I'd take them on for next to f**k all in first fight, with the 99% share in the rematch. 

But, these guys put their lives at risk. For entertainment. How much would you risk dieing for, in an empty stadium, in Bulgaria, against pulev, for a qualifier to a shit belt, so people on THL didn't call you a dodger?????

It's their career and it can be a very short one.

Don't blame em.

Only dodger in division in my mind is team Wilder & Arum. They picked on a fat ring rusty Fury and look what that's done to the hopes and dreams. Everyone else seems mean to fight.

Apart from manual char

1 minute ago, ryaldinhio said:

All sounded like money not ducking 

Pulevs team bid more than Hearn,Whyte felt he would not get a fair fight out in Bulgaria. Hearn offered Whyte,Usyks first fight at Heavyweight but refused it. Whyte then refused fights with Joyce and Dubois saying they where not at his level. A rematch with Joshua would have been his biggest ever purse.Who ever was guiding Whyte did him no favours I know that, advising him to fight Povetkin and risk his mandatory slot seems to be the icing on the cake now unfortunately .

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

How my mind works is, if I was a heavyweight boxerand I was 100% confident I could beat, for example, AJ or Fury. I'd take them on for next to f**k all in first fight, with the 99% share in the rematch. 

But, these guys put their lives at risk. For entertainment. How much would you risk dieing for, in an empty stadium, in Bulgaria, against pulev, for a qualifier to a shit belt, so people on THL didn't call you a dodger?????

It's their career and it can be a very short one.

Don't blame em.

Only dodger in division in my mind is team Wilder & Arum. They picked on a fat ring rusty Fury and look what that's done to the hopes and dreams. Everyone else seems mean to fight.

Apart from manual char

To get the Joshua fight you have to sign up to take the same percentage in the rematch as you did in the first fight . Fighting is a boxers job risk v reward, eliminators for titles to get  title shots is where the big money is, some fighters never even get the opportunity. 

7 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

"What do you want for dinner Big John?" 

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH

" FISH"

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH" 

"FISH FISH FISH FISH" 

"FISH" 

I was waiting for him to swing one saying "And peas"

Some will think that's amazing, I think it's embarrassing. 

Get a forking grip.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, MickC said:

To get the Joshua fight you have to sign up to take the same percentage in the rematch as you did in the first fight . Fighting is a boxers job risk v reward, eliminators for titles to get  title shots is where the big money is, some fighters never even get the opportunity. 

I get that mate, but how many fighters have approached and said "I will take 1% in first fight, but 99% in rematch"

They are talking 70/30, 70/30 because they aren't confident.

So are we saying when they go into a fight no one believes they can beat AJ, or Fury or Wilder? Or that their promoters are wank?

I think Eddie was more shocked tonight than he was with AJ Ruiz.

2 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

I get that mate, but how many fighters have approached and said "I will take 1% in first fight, but 99% in rematch"

They are talking 70/30, 70/30 because they aren't confident.

So are we saying when they go into a fight no one believes they can beat AJ, or Fury or Wilder? Or that their promoters are wank?

I think Eddie was more shocked tonight than he was with AJ Ruiz.

The percentage splits are set by the Governing bodies unless the challenger is a bigger draw than the champion like say Canelo v GGG so then the fighters agree to the percentage split. Hearn defo looked more shocked tonight than when Joshua lost, maybe because he has been running his mouth so hard about Whyte fighting Fury and trying to lay down all sorts of stipulations/time restraints etc and now its as good as gone .

25 minutes ago, MickC said:

Pulevs team bid more than Hearn,Whyte felt he would not get a fair fight out in Bulgaria. Hearn offered Whyte,Usyks first fight at Heavyweight but refused it. Whyte then refused fights with Joyce and Dubois saying they where not at his level. A rematch with Joshua would have been his biggest ever purse.Who ever was guiding Whyte did him no favours I know that, advising him to fight Povetkin and risk his mandatory slot seems to be the icing on the cake now unfortunately .

I get not having a fair fight in Bulgaria

Joyce and Dubois are nowhere near at Whytes level

IF he had chance at AJ rematch he should have taken it but IF he turned it down it wouldve been fear of losing not money.

Pulev was a test, especially considering Whytes downtime with the drug thing. A gamble that didn't pay off.

2 minutes ago, MickC said:

The percentage splits are set by the Governing bodies unless the challenger is a bigger draw than the champion like say Canelo v GGG so then the fighters agree to the percentage split. Hearn defo looked more shocked tonight than when Joshua lost, maybe because he has been running his mouth so hard about Whyte fighting Fury and trying to lay down all sorts of stipulations/time restraints etc and now its as good as gone .

I think he was more concerned about his dads dalias being singed with the flame throwers!

It was all over the top. All the ring walk etc is for the fans, no point if there's no one there. It isn't the same without the fans.

1 minute ago, ryaldinhio said:

I get not having a fair fight in Bulgaria

Joyce and Dubois are nowhere near at Whytes level

IF he had chance at AJ rematch he should have taken it but IF he turned it down it wouldve been fear of losing not money.

Pulev was a test, especially considering Any tea downtime with the drug thing. A gamble that didn't pay off.

You don't think they are at his level? I think Joyce gives him a tough night and I think Dubois starches him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

You don't think they are at his level? I think Joyce gives him a tough night and I think Dubois starches him. 

I will be honest, I have only seen a couple of fights from both. From what I've seen I don't think either gives him any bother.

Dubois has potential but both physically and Rep not big enough yet.

Joyce I just don't think is up to standard. Joyce is a British level fighter, not world. I'd put him in mix with price and Dave Allen. Really don't rate him at all.

• Haha 1
Just now, ryaldinhio said:

I will be honest, I have only seen a couple of fights from both. From what I've seen I don't think either gives him any bother.

Dubois has potential but both physically and Rep not big enough yet.

Joyce I just don't think is up to standard. Joyce is a British level fighter, not world. I'd put him in mix with price and Dave Allen. Really don't rate him at all.

Dubois is a big strong lad and a big puncher, Joyce is a relentless juggernaut, I think both give Whyte big problems as he's not exactly world class in my eyes himself. 

• Like 2
Just now, Greb147 said:

Dubois is a big strong lad and a big puncher, Joyce is a relentless juggernaut, I think both give Whyte big problems as he's not exactly world class in my eyes himself. 

I always though whyte was just short, but deserved his shot.

I don't see them two being any sort of a force in the division

That's why sport is so good, it divides yet joins in opposing opinions!