More ratting with hw100

• 2 weeks later...

That’s some serious going for this time of year... you picking them up?!

i just leave them as they get hoovered up in no time but don’t get numbers like you do any more.

had a big tawny owl picking up last week, take it it was feeding its young and this is a sh1t picture from me phone through spotter on sat night, two dead rats on the deck and a barn owl on the post waiting for his feast:)

BBCBCA0E-B8CE-4104-A2EE-E3200A30F110.png.47f045508d80a2922d5a5685597919db.png

• Like 1
On 18/08/2020 at 18:33, si brown said:

That’s some serious going for this time of year... you picking them up?!

i just leave them as they get hoovered up in no time but don’t get numbers like you do any more.

had a big tawny owl picking up last week, take it it was feeding its young and this is a sh1t picture from me phone through spotter on sat night, two dead rats on the deck and a barn owl on the post waiting for his feast:)

BBCBCA0E-B8CE-4104-A2EE-E3200A30F110.png.47f045508d80a2922d5a5685597919db.png

Don’t pick anything up SI .The rats drag them in faster than we could  gather them almost .Badgers and foxes do the rest I suspect .

• Like 1

Shot 64 last night between the two of us so that’s 995 so far .Was hoping for the big G but not to be ,a school night got in the way .Heres a tip for you rat shooters .Spread sugar along where you see them most especially  travel routes .They can’t carry it so stop to lick it .Works a treat .

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Don’t pick anything up SI .The rats drag them in faster than we could  gather them almost .Badgers and foxes do the rest I suspect .

there funny things to watch.. saw two do a full on sas recovery on a fallen comrade, got buzzards that scoop up the day shot, owls and badgers hoover up the night shift!

the foxs up my way are snobby, they'll snub crows and rats?

• Haha 1

Before I shot it there was a fox that I’m sure was switched on to the airgun shots and  came running in to pick up rats .It waited until we moved sheds then stuffed it’s mouth full of rats to bury ,cache them I’m sure .

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Before I shot it there was a fox that I’m sure was switched on to the airgun shots and  came running in to pick up rats .It waited until we moved sheds then stuffed it’s mouth full of rats to bury ,cache them I’m sure .

Probably died from lead poisoning ?

• Haha 1