Sign in to follow this  
king

Ferret court pics.

I'm wanting to build a large ferret court and open to ideas.the 1 I've got now is to small for my needs.

So looking for some pics and ideas etc.

I would like something similar to an aviary mainly mesh.but the sideways driving rain in winter is putting me off a bit.

11 hours ago, king said:

I'm wanting to build a large ferret court and open to ideas.the 1 I've got now is to small for my needs.

So looking for some pics and ideas etc.

I would like something similar to an aviary mainly mesh.but the sideways driving rain in winter is putting me off a bit.

Mesh it and put some Perspex in front that you can unscrew in summer  

22 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Mesh it and put some Perspex in front that you can unscrew in summer  

Yea that would be ok gaz.im using an adjustable blind.like a kitchen 1 at the minute..it does the job but I want to build bigger..

Got mine inside an old dog run, 3.2 m x 2 m, kids sit down and play with em👍DSC_0690.JPG.882d5d0b95299389dff22aee2e3a6610.JPG

8x4 ply sheets at the front and chicken mesh..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Balaur said:

I used one of these last time I kept ferrets, got me be from a guy in Swansea, was ideal, and can partially sheet off weather exposed side with ply...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183514313989

That's sound balaur.something much bigger I'm after though.

I jetwashed the court out yesterday and left to dry overnight i will be putting everything back in later. 

I will get some pics.

28 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Got mine inside an old dog run, 3.2 m x 2 m, kids sit down and play with em👍DSC_0690.JPG.882d5d0b95299389dff22aee2e3a6610.JPG

8x4 ply sheets at the front and chicken mesh..

That's spot on dc.i jetwashed my court yesterday and want something bigger i think.ive got 3 jills and 4 hobs.

So more room the better I'm thinking.

Get some 4" blue drainage pipe in there dc plenty on site I bet.you will be able to run it all around your walls.

1 hour ago, king said:

That's spot on dc.i jetwashed my court yesterday and want something bigger i think.ive got 3 jills and 4 hobs.

So more room the better I'm thinking.

Get some 4" blue drainage pipe in there dc plenty on site I bet.you will be able to run it all around your walls.

My ferrets are f***ing climbers 🙈found my one jill walking around the garden the other morning 😬close call with my f***ing terriers. 

24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My ferrets are f***ing climbers 🙈found my one jill walking around the garden the other morning 😬close call with my f***ing terriers. 

Easy way to cure that mate is to put roof guttering upside down around the top Of court. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

It could of been lights out for her.

6 minutes ago, ollieollie said:

Done mine myself over few weekends. Works for me

They're some big bloody ferrets there Ollie

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Balaur said:

They're some big bloody ferrets there Ollie

It’s a hybrid I’ve been working on 

• Haha 2