After a discussion with the lady who runs the stables and the sheep farm, she advised me that she had seen a fox on a few occasions around 0600 in one of the fields. 

We had a walk to where she sees it and I told her I'd be back up in the morning early doors. 

So...... 

Alarms clock goes off at 4am, I'm washed, ready, got fueled up with a strong coffee and get the rifle out the safe. 

The stables are only 10 minutes up the road so get there for 5am. 

I parked the van up get the rifle & trigger sticks out the van. 

Rifle and trigger sticks in hand I head off to were I'm going to wait for the fox to cross. Nice and early or so I thought. 

Now bearing in mind the Intel I've got is 6am guess what..... 

Just as I'm heading to my spot the fox strolls through the field at 05:15 and clocks me.  I get it in my sights but its no use, its off up the field and all the whistles and shouts isn't stopping it. ?

So it's going to be an even earlier start for me tomorrow and I'm getting there for 4am, let's hope it turns up??

IMG_20200711_051722.jpg

IMG_20200711_051726.jpg

IMG_20200711_051705.jpg

IMG_20200711_051657.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a discussion with the lady who runs the stables and the sheep farm, she advised me that she had seen a fox on a few occasions around 0600 in one of the fields.  We had a walk to where she s

The other night I'd been on another perm clearing rabbits from around the out houses and a couple of ferals from the cow shed.  Managed 5 rabbits in the space of 15 minutes.  The next day I

Your talking about the biggest opportunistic animal in the UK. If he happens across a pile of dog meat, he's gonna fill his furry face before mooching off to find the next thing to put in his mouth bu

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Cheers Si. Very true, life would be boring if we never came across challenges?

I’ve been out three times over the last few weeks with the plan of bagging a buck, if I had a quid for all the ones I’ve seen over the last few months while out early with the shotgun I’d be minted!!

needles to say the freezers still empty and I’ve not had a sniff? typical 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, si brown said:

I’ve been out three times over the last few weeks with the plan of bagging a buck, if I had a quid for all the ones I’ve seen over the last few months while out early with the shotgun I’d be minted!!

needles to say the freezers still empty and I’ve not had a sniff? typical 

Sods Law that Si, seen plenty of does about but no bucks. 

Sods law that charlie either doesn't show tomorrow or does something really random.  Son in laws brother and his partner have a riding livery and school ect.  They were being plagued by charlies eating the horse nuts,  making beds up in the hay stores, shitting in the hay, digging the horse shit out of the skip container, shitting  round the yard, generally right in a Doorway. Generally making a bloody nuisance of themselves.   Son in law and I went up there on numerous occasions to control them.  It was the most difficult shooting that I have ever encountered.  Firstly it was in winter and we were frozen solid.  the distance between  buildings was small and angles tight and few. One night I was put in a tack shed sitting in a doorway watching across an illuminated sand school.  After I had been sitting staring across the zone for about 15 minutes I leant forwad to look along the front of the shed.  Charlie was sitting like a dog at the end of the shed no more than ten feet away also intently staring across the sand school as if to try to see what I was looking for.  By the time I had shouldered the rifle Charlie had gone.  It was the first of many such similar frustrating events. Shooting around horse yards is difficult. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Stuff the foxes, I wanna hear more about Mandy!! 

Seriously Ben, you dont?

I'll paint a picture☹️

Picture a piece of crumpled up foil and open it up & think it's skin, then draw a face on it and stick a ciggy in the mouth hopefully you get the picture ?

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Longshanx will have to get you a picture, it could be a good little earner for him selling them for people to put on their mantelpiece to keep the kids away from the fire 

Fook that I'd crack the camera lense ?

• Haha 1