Hi everyone iv got a fac rapid 7 it’s kicking out 36ftlbs with jsb exact  jumbo heavy Diablo which are 18,13 gr I have seen a lot of you speak about using slugs? I am new to fac air and was thinking is the gun capable of shooting slugs at that sort of power or not?

many thanks Jake w

On 18/06/2020 at 18:57, Jake w said:

Hi everyone iv got a fac rapid 7 it’s kicking out 36ftlbs with jsb exact  jumbo heavy Diablo which are 18,13 gr I have seen a lot of you speak about using slugs? I am new to fac air and was thinking is the gun capable of shooting slugs at that sort of power or not?

many thanks Jake w

Try H&N 21 gr and see how you get on 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

If it’s any interest to you Jake, I tried these h&n 21gr slugs along side jsb 18.1 gr pellets and also some 25.3 gr jsb slugs. I ran the pellets and h&n slugs at around 33ft lbs and zero was about the same at 50 yards, the slugs were slightly higher poi but only by about 1/4 inch. A slight breeze left to right definitely effected the slugs less. I turned up to just over 40 ft lbs and without altering the scope settings, the jsb slugs were 3rd mill dot at 90 yards.

35293E2C-CE13-4A52-84B7-5BAC2F74451F.jpeg

B74D96A7-B420-4360-B17A-17240BC28043.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

If it’s any interest to you Jake, I tried these h&n 21gr slugs along side jsb 18.1 gr pellets and also some 25.3 gr jsb slugs. I ran the pellets and h&n slugs at around 33ft lbs and zero was about the same at 50 yards, the slugs were slightly higher poi but only by about 1/4 inch. A slight breeze left to right definitely effected the slugs less. I turned up to just over 40 ft lbs and without altering the scope settings, the jsb slugs were 3rd mill dot at 90 yards.

35293E2C-CE13-4A52-84B7-5BAC2F74451F.jpeg

B74D96A7-B420-4360-B17A-17240BC28043.jpeg

Always good to do a bit of testin dev... I don’t shoot .22 fac but a mate who dose swears by these?
https://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/JSB-Exact-Monster-.22--1412.html

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just come across these Javelin slugs (all .22 at present though) made by a company that Matt Dubber is involved with called Patriot and they have become distributer for SA of all FX products.  It is shown on Airgun 101 with Matt giving a low down on the products and the company.

https://www.airgun101shop.co.uk/collections/patriot-javelin-slugs

https://www.airgun101.com/index.php/component/allvideoshare/video/big-news-introducing-patriot-outdoors-javelin-slugs?Itemid=307

Phil

• 1 month later...

I have an AirArms S510 XS Extra in .22 (32f/p) I assume the barrel on this rifle is optimised for pellets.  I did contact AA last year and asked about using slugs but got a very bland reply which was basically, "no comment"

I've tried a few different brands and weights of slugs over the past few months.  I always do a side by side test with JSB18gr at 50 yds. All shots off the car bonnet.  Some of the heavier slugs, e.g. 27gr won't even fit in the magazine.  Most of the slugs were inconsistent at that range and the groups were unimpressive.  A few weeks ago a friend gave me a selection of Wildman slugs 21,23 and 25 grain.  The gun, unsurprisingly, struggled with the 25s and the 21s didn't fair too well but the 23 grain were very consistent at 50 yds.  However when stretching the range beyond 50yds they appeared to lose stability.  The slug spec is:  Wildman 23 grain .218 dia Dome base.  The stated BC is approx 0.09    

JSB 18gr.jpg

Wildman 23 gr.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, johnbaz said:

Hi

I'm not sure if they're still made but these Eley Magnums are around 30gns, They may be available on fleabay occasionally, Just looked, There aren't any on at the moment!

JtElvL3.jpg

John ?

I’ve got a couple of tins of these John. I’ve had them probably the best part of twenty years. They were originally bought to use in a Theoben eliminator but it didn’t like them. I haven’t seen any for sale for a long time. I might try them in my fac impact .22, see how they perform?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

I’ve got a couple of tins of these John. I’ve had them probably the best part of twenty years. They were originally bought to use in a Theoben eliminator but it didn’t like them. I haven’t seen any for sale for a long time. I might try them in my fac impact .22, see how they perform?

Sounds like a plan!!

I don't use them, I just have a small collection of old pellets!

kInDcXG.jpg

Cheers, john ?

• Haha 1