Not one to put the boot in but I can't remember the last time I had a bird go broody. That is in the last 10/15 years. To be fair, I collect 2 times a day religiously  which I imagine helps. I do remember when I was breeding pheasant that I'd let the birds rest on eggs for a while and then introduce the pheasant eggs. Could that possibly answer the question? Jok.

5 hours ago, jok said:

Not one to put the boot in but I can't remember the last time I had a bird go broody. That is in the last 10/15 years. To be fair, I collect 2 times a day religiously  which I imagine helps. I do remember when I was breeding pheasant that I'd let the birds rest on eggs for a while and then introduce the pheasant eggs. Could that possibly answer the question? Jok.

i see to my hens most of the time i'am at home (now retired) in all my time with chickens never known any not to go broody,

and my favorites were orpingtons, big birds as they are if i had 8 hens 4 would go broody and all try and get in the same nest box.

was that a funny sight to see ?

34 minutes ago, samuria said:

i see to my hens most of the time i'am at home (now retired) in all my time with chickens never known any not to go broody,

and my favorites were orpingtons, big birds as they are if i had 8 hens 4 would go broody and all try and get in the same nest box.

was that a funny sight to see ?

My light sussex bantams doing the same

ferreting pics 1134.jpg

• Like 2