WHAT A DICK!!!

5 minutes ago, ianm said:

I too am quite rural but what they are having you do is completely ott and isn't legal enforcing it. I would not only challenge it but would refuse point blank to do it.

Each to they're (thier, always confuses me that ?) own, I prefer an easy life, was his recomendation initially so I didn't see a problem with it.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I thought I'd have a mooch tonight and take some sunbathing bunnies. Then have a go at a few more with the NV. Or so I thought?  Picked up my bag with all my gear in, torches  NV battery, NV

My missus wishes one would bite my nob! 

Look like they've had more acid than me in the 70's

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gav said:

Each to they're own, I prefer an easy life, was his recomendation initially so I didn't see a problem with it.

To be honest Gav that attitude is what the rogue feo's rely on. They prey on people who want"an easy life" and so get to bully and intimidate them into doing things that aren't neccessary or even lawful. The trouble is it then becomes the norm in that area, in other words they get away with it and then dream up another restriction to push their agenda. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, ianm said:

To be honest Gav that attitude is what the rogue feo's rely on. They prey on people who want"an easy life" and so get to bully and intimidate them into doing things that aren't neccessary or even lawful. The trouble is it then becomes the norm in that area, in other words they get away with it and then dream up another restriction to push their agenda. 

Wouldn't say I was bullied, was just his recomendation and maybe I was a bit naive.

They never say anything about my five kilos of powder, 3000+ pills and 2000 primers in a draw under the bed though ?

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Just nod yer head and if it's not a legal requirement forget it....if you wish.

I wish i could do that but i can't.

I have everything printed off 68 firearms act any ammendments, home office guidance etc in fact anything that the feo could claim something was part of.

Whenever they say i should be doing such and such i hand them the paperwork and ask them to point out where it is in legislation. They never can.

I now never get bothered.? 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ianm said:

I wish i could do that but i can't.

I have everything printed off 68 firearms act any ammendments, home office guidance etc in fact anything that the feo could claim something was part of.

Whenever they say i should be doing such and such i hand them the paperwork and ask them to point out where it is in legislation. They never can.

I now never get bothered.? 

Sure, done the same myself.

I was considering those that don't want to do this ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Never ever happened to me in over 30 years as never remove bolts or mags from rifles , I don't understand why people do this ? Leave them in rifle and it cant happen , my simple risk assessment.  Only last week when stalking with  my mate he forgot his bolt and had to phone the wife to bring it , told him to never remove it and this wont happen  , think he got the point.

Don't usually do it myself to be honest, the only reason the mag was put in the ammo box was due to me having a few rounds left in it. I'd put the rifle away and removed the rounds and put the mag with the ammo. I must have knocked it off 22 ammo when I was getting the 308 ammo out. 

But will make sure I check its in the rifle before setting off in future. 

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I've always stored them seperate to the rifles, keeps my FEO happy as he likes locks on the rifles in the cabinet, I have a seperate safe for mods, bolts and mags.

Bloody hell your FEO is strict?

4 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Some forces request that bolt is kept in ammo safe. I do it just incase of worst case scenario someone breaking in etc. 

I used to remove the bolts out of mine Ben at first with the same thought in mind, but don't bother now

Just now, Longshanx said:

Don't usually do it myself to be honest, the only reason the mag was put in the ammo box was due to me having a few rounds left in it. I'd put the rifle away and removed the rounds and put the mag with the ammo. I must have knocked it off 22 ammo when I was getting the 308 ammo out. 

But will make sure I check its in the rifle before setting off in future. 

Yep I always check off what I need when going out with the same routine ....

Rifle , ammo ,knife , caller , bins  , sticks , phone lamp depending on day or night shooting ?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep I always check off what I need when going out with the same routine ....

Rifle , ammo ,knife , caller , bins  , sticks , phone lamp depending on day or night shooting ?

I do the same routine, but only this time I assumed the mag was in the rifle like it usually is, will be doing a check, double check, triple check in future?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Longshanx said:

To top off last nights fook up I woke up with 2 big fecking horse fly bites?, remember flicking them off my hand. 

Puffed up and blistered today ?

IMG_20200602_144213.jpg

IMG_20200602_144243.jpg

Look like they've had more acid than me in the 70's

external-content.duckduckgo_com.jpg.7fd2ac2507f07a0fe384d994b26a1d9b.jpg

• Haha 5