Jump to content

New bands finally arrived


Recommended Posts

Well the new bands have finally arrived but there a bit shorter than my last set gurrrr. So have a quick plink in back yard and took some getting used too. Looks like its guna rain so guna sling a jacket on and go for a mooch see what's about. Hopefully not many covid dog walkers. I'll let u know how I get on :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was a waste of time didnt see a single thing. Was still a few dog walkers about aswell. Be back out just before dusk see what I can see. Hard work with these bands tho having to have a floating anchor with bands been a bit short for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Hullman said:

Gold bands

Gold.?  Gzk, precise, theraband?

whats your draw length? 

Have you tried making your own?    Few bits n bats your away  and it’s easy, quite fun and you can try all different types of band.

For 10-16 quid you can get 2 meter roll......make loads.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Gold.?  Gzk, precise, theraband?

whats your draw length? 

Have you tried making your own?    Few bits n bats your away  and it’s easy, quite fun and you can try all different types of band.

For 10-16 quid you can get 2 meter roll......make loads.

 

Sorry. Theraband gold. 30 to 25 not sure what length I got last time but the new ones max out about 2" short. Never made my own wouldn't know were to start will have to look into it. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hullman said:

Sorry. Theraband gold. 30 to 25 not sure what length I got last time but the new ones max out about 2" short. Never made my own wouldn't know were to start will have to look into it. Thanks

We can write down a list of things you need if it helps, I’m sure people everybody will chip in with suggestions 

ld have a look at Celtic catty website to start with.

Edited by Shortstraw
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hullman said:

Sorry. Theraband gold. 30 to 25 not sure what length I got last time but the new ones max out about 2" short. Never made my own wouldn't know were to start will have to look into it. Thanks

making your own is the only way to go . Rolyan orange or green bands with a constrictor not to tie on the pouch is a start or a roller cutter and a cutting mat you will also need to make some kind of jig to tie the bands to gether if you want to try flat bands . tubes are easyer to mess with just need tube and some sort of cord dont tie them to tight .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hullman said:

Sorted I'll look into it. What tubes are people using ? 

I don’t know much about tubes, greyman I think is familiar with them.........I’m using flat bands, .66 green gzk at minute for 9.5 steel....on a 25/20 taper........, or precise is another good one........23/18 taper probably another good taper. Check your bands regular around the pouch area though as it seems to wear a bit quicker than theraband. I found precise to last longer than gzk....both great though...better than theraband for me.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

I don’t know much about tubes, greyman I think is familiar with them.........I’m using flat bands, .66 green gzk at minute for 9.5 steel....on a 25/20 taper........, or precise is another good one........23/18 taper probably another good taper. Check your bands regular around the pouch area though as it seems to wear a bit quicker than theraband. I found precise to last longer than gzk....both great though...better than theraband for me.

 

 

Things for making bands........

Band jig....different types ranging in price.......quite easy to make....

Self healing craft mat.

Cutting roller 45mm does it well.

Crystal string 1mm for tying at pouch

Band template for making tapers....£10 Celtic cattys......worth having, makes life easy

( when you buy a band template they ask your active length.......distance from tip of catapult furthest away to tip of pouch at full draw divided by 5 I think)....that’s what I use anyway......then when you cut you add a little extra to accommodate tying to pouch and fixing to catapult.

Pouches and band.

This fella has some good vids you’ve probably seen.......shows you how to do bands.....it’s so far into the video. The band jig he has isn’t much and does the job.

A lot now seem to be going down the 8mm ball route and .6mm band at around 18/13 taper.

 

Edited by Shortstraw
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hullman said:

Sorted I'll look into it. What tubes are people using ? 

I use this stuff cheap as chips seems to have similar performance to tbg  but lasts ages and don’t loose all it’s power in winter, I use flats more in summer but always have one of these in my pocket as back up, another plus with it is no need for any cutting wheels, band boards, or tuck and wrap just a pair of scissors and long nose pliers only down side is some forks are designed for flats only 👍👍

7B2F4B18-7AA8-47CD-A1D5-EC751F79BCD1.png

5BB480CB-9720-4123-9C75-2402276A1A99.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...