.177 hw45 silver star

wanted one for a while so i bought one in jan and have been shooting at the club on and of pre shut down.today i got the little pistol out and set up a range in the back garden with a very good backstop.first target was ok and the range was only 8 yards .2nd target went up and the gun started to play up,cocked it and it would not fire so re cocked it and still nothing.pissed off so cocked it all the way and then it did go.tried again and noy joy.not a happy chappy when i have spent £300 plus on a what i thought would be a good little gun.will have to wait till the gun shop reopens to take it back and get it sorted but god knows how long that will be.do these pistols normally fail so quickly ? have only put about 2000 pellets through it.

• 1 month later...

well it turns out the trigger adj screw had moved to a position to stop the little pistol shooting.all adjusted now and shooting as it should.only downside is today i bought the hw75 to give it a bit of company.had forgotten how good ssp,s are as it has been a good 10 years since i sold my gammo compact and hw40.it really is a bit unfair to compare them but the 75 has it on the trigger and accuracy.still like the 45 though as you have the full power if nothing else will do.put it over the chrono today and got 3.39ft/lbs on low and 5.37ft/lbs on high.should have done this allready as i could loose all my firearms/shotguns if it was over the limit.

• Like 1
On 27/06/2020 at 18:04, .357shooter said:

well it turns out the trigger adj screw had moved to a position to stop the little pistol shooting.all adjusted now and shooting as it should.only downside is today i bought the hw75 to give it a bit of company.had forgotten how good ssp,s are as it has been a good 10 years since i sold my gammo compact and hw40.it really is a bit unfair to compare them but the 75 has it on the trigger and accuracy.still like the 45 though as you have the full power if nothing else will do.put it over the chrono today and got 3.39ft/lbs on low and 5.37ft/lbs on high.should have done this allready as i could loose all my firearms/shotguns if it was over the limit.

In theory yes, in reality, no.

When did anyone have their airpistol checked and found themselves in court for firearms offences? I would love to know.

only checked the 45 as i have heard of a few lately that are running above 6.5ft/lbs.one was putting out 13.5ft/lbs and that was not an error .just being extra carefull as i am shooting in the back garden and if someone makes a complaint i do not want to be the first who is charged.my luck is only bad.

• Like 1
On 29/06/2020 at 07:13, Sausagedog said:

In theory yes, in reality, no.

When did anyone have their airpistol checked and found themselves in court for firearms offences? I would love to know.

Well, my guess would be that more people have won the lotto jackpot ??

• Like 1