Fox shooting vids.

There is a chap on youtube called Peter Nobes who does fox shooting vids in Australia. There are plenty to go at as he has been doing them for a few years. He always uses ATN scopes because i think they are about the easiest to get hold of in Australia. He does shoot a lot of foxes and is worth a watch whilst we are in Lockdown.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’ve watched a load of his videos, I’ve also been watching a few on the feral cat problem in Australia, apparently they are responsible for the extinction of at least 10 native species, one bloke uses a 300 win mag to shoot them, just to make sure they are proper dead I think ?

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’ve watched a load of his videos, I’ve also been watching a few on the feral cat problem in Australia, apparently they are responsible for the extinction of at least 10 native species, one bloke uses a 300 win mag to shoot them, just to make sure they are proper dead I think ?

I saw that , he was reloading 180 grain bullets for cats !!! ????

10 hours ago, Stavross said:

That’s the one, they used everything, shotguns, .22, 300 win, 308, you would certainly never blank on the vermin there

I liked the cat mans motto , “feral cats make good hats”. The guy was crazy , he had a hat , coat , sugar container, bottle cover , you name it made of cat fur . But seriously they are a real problem over there . They are also a problem here . I always find it hard to understand, a lot of cat owners see themselves as “animal lovers”, but they unleash a super efficient predator on our wildlife , birds small mammals frogs , lizards , I used to find loads of lizards when I was a kid , I can’t remember the last time I saw one on this country.

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, 3175darren said:

Them ATN don’t look that bad 

Be careful of thinking a scope is good by watching a video through it. Some scopes recording facilities bypass what your actually seeing so can make a poor scope look much better than it is.

A mate of mine has a tendency to buy all sorts of night vision gear that people hype up just to see if they are any good. To date he still will only use his Drone pro for foxing. He also has an ATN 4k which neither of us was particularly impressed with. However he has now downloaded it with the latest firmware from ATN and he says it has improved it tremendously. He currently has it sat on his latest purchase which is an Anschutz .22 lr that he has been using to shoot rats with. 

I have tried nitesights,photons, pulsars,atn 4k, drones,pards and wards. Best dedicated is drone but closely followed by pard 008 at quarter of the price and half the size. Best digital add on ward by a long way although the pard 007are great value.

With decent ir most of these will surprise you when set up correctly. I don't use all the apps, recording and technical stuff but I have found performance and value 008 is best in my opinion

Totally agree had a 5x42 photon extreme with a tak 105mm lens on and nm800 but once i,d looked through a pard photon sold .007 on the back of my Hawke scope with srs solaris lazer sees much much further than i,l ever shoot  my 22l/r .Went for the 7 over the 8 as all 3rifles have adaptors on for swaps but it mainly goes with the .22 

10 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I liked the cat mans motto , “feral cats make good hats”. The guy was crazy , he had a hat , coat , sugar container, bottle cover , you name it made of cat fur . But seriously they are a real problem over there . They are also a problem here . I always find it hard to understand, a lot of cat owners see themselves as “animal lovers”, but they unleash a super efficient predator on our wildlife , birds small mammals frogs , lizards , I used to find loads of lizards when I was a kid , I can’t remember the last time I saw one on this country.

I like his artwork on the wall that he showed his visitors, that looked like a load of cat faces, he told them it was called curiousity and then said you no what that did to the cat ?

they are a terrible animal, my missus has one and she is one of the blinkered owners that thinks it spends all its time sleeping and strutting around the house looking at me like I’m a tw*t, the reality is much different, but what do I know, she goes mental when I tell her there’s only two at the farm on the shoot and there will only ever be two, there used to be quite a few ferals about a couple of years ago when I started feeding 

• Like 2