FAC...CWD & Muntjac

Many of you will be pleased to hear the following......

The Police have been swamped with variation requests to add CWD and Muntjac to appropriate calibres.

So..ACPO have just issued guidance to save all the admin...if you have Fox and vermin on your FAC and your rifle meets the legal requirement you can now automatically shoot the 2 smaller deer.

The exemption will run for up to 5 years and each case will then be assessed at renewal or variation, when a decision will be made as to the certificate holders continued good reason to shoot these species of deer.

Deker

Is this good news for the deer?

What is the minimum calibre stated??

All .22 centrefires with minimum of 1000ft lb, Expanding or Soft point minimum 50g.....so the Hornet will not make it.

Its all listed in the latest edition of the BASC magazine!

Cheers

Deker

In that case ,im owed £23 for the variation . :censored:

Hi Foxdropper....I'm confused...if you simply had the deer added to an existing .22 centrefire you had listed for Fox etc it should have been free anyway.

Perhaps it's those Wilts Coppers trying to make a fast buck!

Whilst we are on this one I actually took a Muntjac this afternoon with the .223 55g HP.

F**k me...70 yards away... I was on the edge of the woods and he was stood there in the clear pasture. Presented perfectly for the heart shot....obviously went clean through but was going so fast AND missed ALL the ribs...was the cleanest hole I have seen for ages, simply too soft and too thin a body for the HP to expand properly. I couldn't even find the entry and exit until I skinned it!

AND I NEED A .243 TO SHOOT A ROE!!

F*****g Joke... sorry but I really do think the Roe business is taking the p**s!

Ok I feel better now!

Cheers

Deker

Edited by Deker
In that case ,im owed £23 for the variation . :censored:

Hi Foxdropper....I'm confused...if you simply had the deer added to an existing .22 centrefire you had listed for Fox etc it should have been free anyway.

Perhaps it's those Wilts Coppers trying to make a fast buck!

I called in to Devises HQ mate as soon as i heard about the law change .The firearms officer said that a variation to my firearms was needed and would cost £23 and the temporary loss of the certificate whilst it was amended.The officer brought my license to my door that same evening comlete with .222 for fox /small deer .I questioned the 'small deer' bit and was then told what we all know now ,cwd and muntjac .

Since reading this post ,I have however phoned them up and yes you are right .The ADDITION is now free and a cheque for £23 is in the post .

Cheers for that mate . :victory:

Roe should definitely be included as well . I have shot many roe in Scotland with my .22/250 and it performs excellent. Its crazy how on the Scottish Border a roe can be shot on the Scottish side of the fence with a .22 centrefire but not on the other side of the fence . CRAZY !!!!!!!! :no:

Roe should definitely be included as well . I have shot many roe in Scotland with my .22/250 and it performs excellent. Its crazy how on the Scottish Border a roe can be shot on the Scottish side of the fence with a .22 centrefire but not on the other side of the fence . CRAZY !!!!!!!! :no

....................and i would have saved myself £1300

for the .243

Edited by foxdropper
Roe should definitely be included as well . I have shot many roe in Scotland with my .22/250 and it performs excellent. Its crazy how on the Scottish Border a roe can be shot on the Scottish side of the fence with a .22 centrefire but not on the other side of the fence . CRAZY !!!!!!!! :no

....................and i would have saved myself £1300

for the .243

Foxdropper

Thats great to hear the police are giving you some money back, that must be a first..I wonder if anyone else may be able to get a refund...Blimey..they will not be happy with me if everyone demands their money back.

Foxdropper/Foxhunter.. and many more..

It has been said before but what twat decided the Roe should be elevated to such heights, he obviously had no idea about ballistics, my .223 is listed for Roe in Scotland as well...the world has gone mad!!!!

Cheers

Deker