Northern shooting show

I’ve just had an email saying that the northern shooting show has been postponed until August, it’s an expected turn of events but I had a tidy sum put aside for a bit of a splurge, if anyone has any ideas how I can save this cash until then instead of frittering it away on pointless stuff I’d be grateful for any help ?, I was also hoping to bump into a few off here, I might of even gone against my northern beliefs and bought them a cup of tea ?

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, philpot said:

I have been to each one, really good show but this year I was not able to go but in August, I can IF IT TAKES PLACE.  I am unsure if the Game Fair goes ahead, hotel booked so we wait and see.

Phil

I’ve been to all 3 at Harrogate, it’s a cracking day out, fingers crossed this mess dies out by the summer and it goes ahead, I’m sure there’s loads of stuff I don’t need but once I see it there I have to have it 

5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve been to all 3 at Harrogate, it’s a cracking day out, fingers crossed this mess dies out by the summer and it goes ahead, I’m sure there’s loads of stuff I don’t need but once I see it there I have to have it 

Get your self the digex you’ve been thinking about, was talking to a lad in the shop and he’s been using one and loves it.. it stays on his 223, he use to use a 007 but loves it. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I was thinking about that today, I could have it posted to me and as I’m now a social recluse I would have plenty of time to play with it on my own ?

I’ve been seriously toyin over getting one, Been watching loads of YouTube stuff on them, I like the 008 but the buttons are a pain when your hands are freezing and you’ve got gloves on had a few photons over the years and I like the scope kind of profile!! ? but a also want a new spotter?

26 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I was thinking about that today, I could have it posted to me and as I’m now a social recluse I would have plenty of time to play with it on my own ?

The trouble with the digex as i see it is lack of optical magnification. The other pulsars that i have looked through and used are poor when it comes to digital mag, you end up looking at Lego foxes. I don't know if the digex is the same but worth checking before being disappointed in a purchase.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ianm said:

The trouble with the digex as i see it is lack of optical magnification. The other pulsars that i have looked through and used are poor when it comes to digital mag, you end up looking at Lego foxes. I don't know if the digex is the same but worth checking before being disappointed in a purchase.

That’s definitely something to look at, I know someone who has one on demo, I’ll have to get hold of him to see what he thinks of it’s pro’s and con’s, he’ll always tell me the truth or he won’t get to come game shooting on my shoot,  he’s a good bloke to know because every time pulsar or Yukon release something new because of who his son is he gets it to play with 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Keep your pennies for one of those swanky thermal spotters?

I

I like thermal, but if it’s out in the open I can identify what it is with the NV just as quick, I’d really like a proper scope looking NV to go on the tikka

• Like 1