5.6mm pellets for a BSA Airsporter

2 hours ago, Arry said:

The only BSA Pylarm pellets I can find are .25 . It's an old MK6 Airsporter I believe is 1979 to 1983 and would have been the old 5.6mm which are bloody hard to find. I bought a tin of Remington Tyrant hammer domed I tested some on a vernier and the top dome is only .215 = 5.461mm and the bottom skirt is .225 = 5.715mm. Would think this would cause inaccuracy as the dome seems a loose fit. So think I'm stuck with the wasps.

Cheers Arry

Overthinking things possibly. I’m sure you know, try the rifle with whatever pellet you have, put a dot on a potato and place potato at range you will be expecting to be shooting at. If the pellet passes through the potato and within 1/4 inch of the dot then you are good to go ?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, eastcoast said:

Overthinking things possibly. I’m sure you know, try the rifle with whatever pellet you have, put a dot on a potato and place potato at range you will be expecting to be shooting at. If the pellet passes through the potato and within 1/4 inch of the dot then you are good to go ?

Ok

Draw.............

67A4AF3F-924C-47DF-B2C6-A9BAFB623852.jpeg

• Haha 2

Well got some Wasps today and put the vernier on them and the laugh of it all is they are exactly the same dimensions as Remington Tyrant Hammer ones I had already. 

If ever you see any of them Defiant pellets on your travels give us a shout please.

Thanks for all your help lads.

Cheers Arry

15 minutes ago, si brown said:

Not sure if you’ve tried these Arry, I use them in old springers with baggy barrels.. there the most accurate oversize ones I can find. 
if you want to test dive some pm me and a stick some in the post. 

Thanks for the info Si they the biz. Thanks for the offer but I'll order some. I like that reading on the dome part of the pellet of those. The Wasp and the Remington both have domes that are .215 = 5.461mm which to me is way slack. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Arry said:

Thanks for the info Si they the biz. Thanks for the offer but I'll order some. I like that reading on the dome part of the pellet of those. The Wasp and the Remington both have domes that are .215 = 5.461mm which to me is way slack. 

Cheers Arry

https://www.jsramsbottom.com/h-n-field-target-trophy-pellets-22-5-53mm-14-66gr-500.html

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2020 at 14:56, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Alright mate didn’t no you were a plinker?? anyhow I have an old bsa mercury from the 70s and these are as tight as a glove in the barrel, assuming the Mercury was a just break barrel version of the airsporter they may work for you as well ??

DC7D0ABE-1E13-496B-93AE-F394AF6E570B.jpeg

• Like 1

No likes left mate sorry.

Thanks for that. Not really into it that much always had a airgun of one sort or another. But bought this seized up Airsporter for a few quid got it apart put a new spring , head and O rings and it works a treat. I will make note of them pellets thanks mate, but I now have 1500 pellet which have cost me more than the gun Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Haha 1