Snowing well here now.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it might mate. The more the better. I love getting out there in the snow following tracks..

Bet Ted is laughing to himself, saying, what the hell do they mean snow, that's not snow ???. Two inches could shut down Ireland lol. Atb j   

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Dig-deep-draw-charlie said:

No snow here! I would love it! We are just getting that snow/rain stuff, out tomorrow to scare a few so fingers crossed! 

It's bloody stopped now mate.and nearly all cleared..

Clear sky and a good chill out there..

1 minute ago, jetro said:

What's the price of living over there compared to the UK and Ireland.

Atb j 

Cheap as fuuck outside the cities. I have to live where I do, for work. You can rent a house with land outside the city for around 500 a month, buying is even cheaper. Cost of living is pretty low. Weekly shopping for me is around 30€ and that's eating steak, lamb, seafood etc (not cheap stuff) week in, week out. I just bought a half kilo steak for 3.50€ from the butchers. Veggies are well cheap. Beer is ridiculously cheap. Bottle of Estrella is under 2€ (in most bars). 3 course meal at lunch with wine, 10-12€ and that's a decent restaurant/bar/cafe in Barcelona, around me its 9€. Public transport is cheap and when they ain't striking it's a bloody good service. Gas, electric, utilities etc are fairly low but the companies can seriously fuuck you about with what they bill you. 

Now... second hand motors expensive. Parts for boilers, washing machines, cars etc tend to be more expensive, I've found.

Another fun fact about Spain.... If the government get it in their head that you owe them money, they will either 1) just go into your bank account and take the money or 2) order your employer to deduct it ?‍♂️?

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Cheap as fuuck outside the cities. I have to live where I do, for work. You can rent a house with land outside the city for around 500 a month, buying is even cheaper. Cost of living is pretty low. Weekly shopping for me is around 30€ and that's eating steak, lamb, seafood etc (not cheap stuff) week in, week out. I just bought a half kilo steak for 3.50€ from the butchers. Veggies are well cheap. Beer is ridiculously cheap. Bottle of Estrella is under 2€ (in most bars). 3 course meal at lunch with wine, 10-12€ and that's a decent restaurant/bar/cafe in Barcelona, around me its 9€. Public transport is cheap and when they ain't striking it's a bloody good service. Gas, electric, utilities etc are fairly low but the companies can seriously fuuck you about with what they bill you. 

Now... second hand motors expensive. Parts for boilers, washing machines, cars etc tend to be more expensive, I've found.

Another fun fact about Spain.... If the government get it in their head that you owe them money, they will either 1) just go into your bank account and take the money or 2) order your employer to deduct it ?‍♂️?

What the hell is wrong with our countries, why aren't we living like this lol.

Seriously it's sounds great, what's the work like over there.  No wonder your alway happy on here lol

Atb j 

Just now, jetro said:

What the hell is wrong with our countries, why aren't we living like this lol.

Seriously it's sounds great, what's the work like over there.  No wonder your alway happy on here lol

Atb j 

Ah.. work can be a minefield. Very poor worker's rights laws. They changed them a couple of years ago to give more power to the employers. Salaries tend to be quite a lot lower on average. I've had a few mates going over to Ireland, to work there for the same companies because of the salaries here. If you have an in demand skillset you can do pretty well, especially with the cost of living. For example if you are young (25-30) speak a foreign language (English is foreign here lol) and have business experience, there are a number of companies who will pay you a starting salary of 30K, add commissions and you can walk away with 45-50K in your first year, plus you will get a pay rise yearly. Plenty of holidays every year. Loads of public holidays and they have a tradition of buying you a little hamper type thing at Christmas ?

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Ah.. work can be a minefield. Very poor worker's rights laws. They changed them a couple of years ago to give more power to the employers. Salaries tend to be quite a lot lower on average. I've had a few mates going over to Ireland, to work there for the same companies because of the salaries here. If you have an in demand skillset you can do pretty well, especially with the cost of living. For example if you are young (25-30) speak a foreign language (English is foreign here lol) and have business experience, there are a number of companies who will pay you a starting salary of 30K, add commissions and you can walk away with 45-50K in your first year, plus you will get a pay rise yearly. Plenty of holidays every year. Loads of public holidays and they have a tradition of buying you a little hamper type thing at Christmas ?

Ah, so not much prospect for late 40 year old manual labour/ commercial Fisher man ???

Still sounds great for a holiday 

Atb j

3 minutes ago, jetro said:

Ah, so not much prospect for late 40 year old manual labour/ commercial Fisher man ???

Still sounds great for a holiday 

Atb j

Maybe not lol but later on if you have a decent pension, you could live here happily and a lot do ;)

• Like 1