Hello WEBLEY AXSOR .22 Goodbye DAYSTATE HUNTSMAN.

13 hours ago, pianoman said:

Mint condition example Axsors and FX2000s are usually selling around the £300 to £350 mark Soho. And that usually includes a scope and perhaps a sling at least. 

I paid £350 for my FX2000 about 5 years ago and directly swapped my Daystate Huntsman Classic for my Axsor. The Daystate is almost worthless. Nobody wants these after so many poor experiences people have had with the rifle and the company. 

Both Webleys run off the same air bottle and share the same whip adaptor. Neither will ever be sold. They are both superbly performing .22 PCPs.

A worthy replacement? 

Air Arms S410 seems a cracking rifle. Not heard of any issues or problems from unhappy owners hereabouts. 

WEIHRAUCH HW100 seems to hold its own against all comers. 

Depends on what you like the look of really. 

Best regards. 

Simon. 

Excellent thank you for your input. My reason for asking is that I’m considering getting away from pre charged and moving to spring although I’m not a huge fan of the break barrel. I’m under no illusion that the Axsor I have is an amazing tool and It has never let me down and so it’s replacement would definitely have to be on a par to my Axsor. I’ve been out of the scene for a long time now (got married, had kids x3) and no longer have as much time to get out in the field so was thinking it’s probably not so good having the Axsor just sitting in its case full of air for long periods. I thought I’d maybe be better with a spring type so I can just grab and go on the now rare ? chances I get to have some time to myself. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Soho said:

Excellent thank you for your input. My reason for asking is that I’m considering getting away from pre charged and moving to spring although I’m not a huge fan of the break barrel. I’m under no illusion that the Axsor I have is an amazing tool and It has never let me down and so it’s replacement would definitely have to be on a par to my Axsor. I’ve been out of the scene for a long time now (got married, had kids x3) and no longer have as much time to get out in the field so was thinking it’s probably not so good having the Axsor just sitting in its case full of air for long periods. I thought I’d maybe be better with a spring type so I can just grab and go on the now rare ? chances I get to have some time to myself. 

I think then Soho, if a spring rifle is what you would like, I cannot recommend these two underlever rifles highly enough.

AIR ARMS PRO SPORT.

WIEHRAUCH HW77. 

Both are incredibly accurate undetlever rifles that ooze performance.  I have both in .22 and there's nothing between them for accuracy and consistent power. 

You could opt for the HW97K as an equivalent. 

But if I had to choose just the one....The Pro Sport is a stunningly beautiful rifle that has the looks as well as incredible accuracy. All that you need is there in that one rifle.

Best regards and good luck with your choices.

Simon.  

• Like 1
On 10/09/2020 at 17:07, Soho said:

Pro sport

out of the box / second to none

one of the most pointable rifles iv ever had

and iv had a few

Hw97k

Need a tune to get them where you want them

but once done  there very very accurate

they are heavy mind

but there not the best for nothing

both rifles if new need a de grease and re,grease

both will need a barrel clean .

Two of the best on the market

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 11/09/2020 at 09:23, pianoman said:

I think then Soho, if a spring rifle is what you would like, I cannot recommend these two underlever rifles highly enough.

AIR ARMS PRO SPORT.

WIEHRAUCH HW77. 

Both are incredibly accurate undetlever rifles that ooze performance.  I have both in .22 and there's nothing between them for accuracy and consistent power. 

You could opt for the HW97K as an equivalent. 

But if I had to choose just the one....The Pro Sport is a stunningly beautiful rifle that has the looks as well as incredible accuracy. All that you need is there in that one rifle.

Best regards and good luck with your choices.

Simon.  

This is great info thank you. I’ve decided I’m going to have a look at the Air Arms Pro Sport as soon as time allows. I’ve had a good look on google and YouTube and just as you said (Pianoman) they are turning up some excellent reviews. I’ll have a chat with my local shop to see how much they’ll offer me for my Axsor although I’ll be sad to see it go as I thought it’d be my forever gun. If they don’t offer enough then I guess I’ll sell it privately. Which brings me to my next question, as I’ve been out of the scene for a good few years, if I decided to sell privately is there a reputable place to sell such a gun as I really don’t want to be messed about by the spinning bow tie,  over sized shoes and big red nose bunch. Cheers for the info so far. ??

• 1 year later...

Well I thought I’d update on my choice. I’m now the owner of an Air Arms TX200 HC of which I traded in my Axsor Carbine. I’ve not yet had time to get out in the field and test it so fingers crossed I’ve not stuffed myself.  Does anyone have any experience with my latest purchase or any particular advice that I should be aware of. Looking forward to the weather changing for the better and some spare time so I can knock up a pigeon casserole ?

I had the same gun, heavy and very twangy but after I had it tuned, it was like a laser, super gun but with the scope it was just too bloody heavy so I moved it on. If I had been a range shooter, I would have kept it but after taking it out on some of my perms it was a none starter and with the nv fitted, just too bulky but a nice gun to use once tuned.

I would have kept the Webley.

Phil

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Soho said:

Yeah I did notice the weight difference but I was kinda hoping that it would help improve accuracy. I guess I’ll find out as soon as time allows. @philpot what degree of tuning did yours receive and do you remember a rough cost. 

Soho

I bought a 'Tinbum' tuning kit and one of our members on here did the work as I am totally useless.  The guy who did the work is 'Charlie Caller' from Sheffield but he is rarely on here nowadays.  The Tinbum kit was £50ish and it is down to Tim as to what he would charge now.

Phil

• Thanks 1