Sign in to follow this  
pjmc

Terrier injury

Mates terrier got a puncture in a eye at the weekend,whats the thing to do with it or will it just dry up itself.hes in no pain with it at al.any info would be great

Same happened  to my dog years ago had get the eye taken out and sewn didn't effect  her working  ability though 

optrex infected eye drops chloramphenicol  get it in the chemist cost about a fiver stop the eye getting infection

Straight to the vets mate. Happened to our old American bulldog x staffy, had to have his eye out. Definately NOT for amateur treatment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cheers lads he took him to vet yesterday morning they slit the skin on eye ball and pulled it across to other side and put a stitch in it to cover the hole and let it heal and if its not a success they goin 2 take eye out.

• Like 3

One of mine had a tooth to the eye,healed fine with antibiotic drops,also my spaniel had a large thorn in is eye had to be knocked out to remove it but healed fine 

3B508318-9AB5-4A7A-BA6A-444A84E6B574.jpeg