New semi 12g

ive got the extrema 2 like Ian above, I use it for everything from fox and geese to hide days!

I only got it as I went to buy an x400 and thought this aint worth the money, the stock on the one I looked at was shite, they laser etch the grain in the wood and for the money I thought it was taking the piss... from what I can gather the 400's basically the same as the older extrema cos it worked so well. 

my mates a big maxus fan and wouldn't buy a Beretta he recons they dont fit him, hes about 6'4 though

I'll tell you what is a good auto and very much underrated, the Baikal mp153. My son has one and it hasn't missed a beat in ten years. Have a look on youtube at the bloke testing it in ice and pouring buckets of sludge on it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ianm said:

I'll tell you what is a good auto and very much underrated, the Baikal mp153. My son has one and it hasn't missed a beat in ten years. Have a look on youtube at the bloke testing it in ice and pouring buckets of sludge on it. 

think thats the one my mate was on about the other day, he was on about one wrapped in hessian and slung in a lake for a month or so and they took it out shook the water out of it and started using it again straight away

1 hour ago, ianm said:

Is it heavy I thought they are heavy?

2 hours ago, si brown said:

my mates a big maxus fan and wouldn't buy a Beretta he recons they dont fit him, hes about 6'4 though

That's what puts me off a bit cos I'm bit of a scrawny rat! Never handled a maxus but any time someone raves about them he's always a johnny long stockings. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ianm said:

I don't think they are so bad, certainly not as heavy as my Extrema.

They are lighter than the beretta, the maxus that I borrowed was 30 inch, which made it too long for me. I would’ve liked to have tried the 26 inch maxus. That’s when I bought the A400 xtreme, no regrets with it, but it’s a solid piece and mostly gets reserved for ducks, geese and foxes. I also have an AL391 teknys gold 20 gauge which is better suited to carry around on vermin duties than the xtreme. That said, the xtreme is more versatile overall, makes relatively light work of heavy loads when required. It seems to absorb them better than the maxus that I borrowed.

• Like 2