New semi 12g

How do fellas

Gonna treat myself to a semi after lambing. Any recommendations? I like the look of the A400 with kick off. Also have maxus in the mix. Can anyone suggest something different? No longer than 28" barrel, ideally multichoke. 

Currently have armsan a612 which is fine but fancy an upgrade. 

Cheers

Edited by BenBhoy

Got a hat stand Magnum, never missed a beat .Do something called cleaning it and it doesn't jam

But for the foreshore it's an Winchester Sx3 ,reliable, washable and titproof and the wife says I,m fully qualified as a tit.

SXS3 or Benelli lifetime semi autos, imho

• Like 2

have had both you mentioned,two 400,s and maxus.really nice guns but i allways go back to the o/u .less cleaning more choice choke wise and you do not have to pick up the carts plus shorter o/all length that caught me out when i bought a 30" semi that just fitted into my cabinet.could try the fabarm

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Got a hat stand Magnum, never missed a beat .Do something called cleaning it and it doesn't jam

But for the foreshore it's an Winchester Sx3 ,reliable, washable and titproof and the wife says I,m fully qualified as a tit.

SXS3 or Benelli lifetime semi autos, imho

Funny that, my Mrs has a keen eye for tit spotting!

24 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Browning maxus black carbon, pure semi filth, one day I will own one ??

No you won't....your Mrs crimped your nads over the 22/250! Yeah, I remember!

7 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

have had both you mentioned,two 400,s and maxus.really nice guns but i allways go back to the o/u .less cleaning more choice choke wise and you do not have to pick up the carts plus shorter o/all length that caught me out when i bought a 30" semi that just fitted into my cabinet.could try the fabarm

The Fabarm is impressive indeed.

I recon you could drive a tractor over a  Remington versamax but boy they are heavy!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Always fancied a Benelli Vinci, comes with a big price though, my wife's uncle is a game keeper and he swears by his. 

Last time I seen him he gave me a go, fell in love with it straight away, very light weight and comfortable. 

They’re wierd looking, but handle lovely. I tried the 28 inch and the 26 inch. I preferred the 26. I’ve seen some offered for a decent price second hand. A bit marmite in the looks department though. I like ‘em.

Edited by Dervburner
Bed spalling
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

They’re wired looking, but handle lovely. I tried the 28 inch and the 26 inch. I preferred the 26. I’ve seen some offered for a decent price second hand. A bit marmite in the looks department though. I like ‘em.

The foregrip looks odd but it's really comfortable, I fired the 26" model, handles spot on 

• Like 1

I have three semi autos here. A Berretta Extrema two, A Winchester sx3 and a Hatsan. The Berretta is a good quality auto albeit a bit heavy and i use it for the marsh 31/2" cartridges for geese. The Winchester is a very good lightish auto that can be used pigeoning etc even on the geese as it is chambered 31/2". I never use the Hatsan it is just there in case i am going with someone who needs a gun. The Winchesters are good value for money and the sx3 is better than the sx4. 

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

With the inertia guns, specifically benelli, are you jeopardising 10yr warranty if you use carts lighter than 32g?? 

No mate. Some of them just won't cycle them but most cycle the lighter shells just like the gassers.

It's an interesting design. Initial recoil force aids lock up at peak pressure. Residual pressure then cycles the action and not much is needed to achieve that.

The older long recoilers can be damaged by too heavy a cartridge being used. Like the old Franchis and Browning's.

Pretty much all modern made autos are safe for handling heavy cartridges now.

Gassers have automatic gas regulators so they can hold lock up a fraction longer and inertia types simply benifit from the extra inertia locking them up by default.