Carbon removel from moderator

If the guts of your silencer is that fragile how does it put up with many tons of pulse pressure every time that you fire the gun ?  I clean my silencer about every 200 rounds or so.  Dismantle it and a mixture of wire brush and screwdrier.  The powder residue is like polyfiller in there.  Failing that ...????.....unscrew it and throw it away. Useless bloody barrel rotting things ! ?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Thinking about your comments, when I shoot at a fox let’s say , everything within 200 yards must fec off , even with the mod on ,the noise carry 

so I’ll get a muzzle brake and try that , less weight as well 

what do you think ? 

The bullet will still be going supersonic so you could put a pillow on the end of your gun and it'd still be loud. Muzzle brakes are a gimmick and unless you are shooting a massive calibre, I can see no reason for them at all. 

I can see the use of silencers but they can make point of impact in different places due to what ammo is used.  There is absolutely no point or advantage to using a muzzle brake. Not unless you using a 50 cal Browning or the recoil is so massive from your weaponďthat you keep ending up sitting on your aris in the mud. ?

• Haha 1