Camo Jacket

Lads I'm after a good Camo Jacket that is tough and water proof with load of pockets. Been using the Dutch ex army one for two seasons but the Gortex lining is as much use as a chocolate tea pot to be honest. We do a lot of hedge crawling out ferreting and it's getting a bit torn up. 

This is the Dutch one I've been using.

667183_ts.jpg.ceb387f9dafde841ec5975519647ed86.jpg

This is the one I'm thinking of getting. Any you guys us them and what do you recon on them. The only thing I don't like look at it is the amount of buttons it has, catching in the long nets etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bulldog-MK2-Evolved-Waterproof-Windproof-Army-Military-SAS-Smock-Jacket-MTP-Camo-/202266060178

s-l1600.jpg.7cc03514f42b365b106459958b4b5088.jpg

Cheers Arry

I’ve got a very similar jacket to that SAS smock in desert camo and it’s warmish and pretty waterproof what I do like about it is the hood it’s wired so you can shape it as you wish plenty of pockets as well as chest pockets if it gets too cold my Montane Extreme goes underneath then I’m too hot lol, my son served in the military so he got me a lot of stuff one of the most used and useful things I got was a oil proof waterproof bib and brace never been cold or wet in them and takes tremendous amounts of abuse through brambles ect. 

• Like 1

Those Army jackets are made for war Arry, and obviously no expense has been spared to create them...

However,...they would be a fecking nightmare anywhere near a Long Net...

I see lots of lads out netting today, wearing those smock things,...they are real handy, but obviously, not cheap..?

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Those Army jackets are made for war Arry, and obviously no expense has been spared to create them...

However,...they would be a fecking nightmare anywhere near a Long Net...

I see lots of lads out netting today, wearing those smock things,...they are real handy, but obviously, not cheap..?

Also found this jacket. What I am after is a Tough jacket with the pouch pockets I can get six purse nets in each and is water proof. It has lot less buttons and the pocket flaps seem to cover them. The Dutch one with so called Gortex let the rain in when we got caught in a really heavy shower. Ferrets were in the ground on a big open ground burrow and the heavens opened, it was running out my ass Lol. Was hoping some of the lads on here might have used these jackets.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTP-Combat-Waterproof-Smock-Jacket-MVP-Material-British-Army-Military-Grade-1/272881699948?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=40733&meid=7f75315068fe4da981b85421fe6f6887&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=12&mehot=pf&sd=202266060178&itm=272881699948&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

s-l1600.jpg.358eb6b04943780c0c8b5847f2081ed8.jpg

Cheers Arry

10 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Before lithium.lol

Cheers, D.

IMG_20160417_121147.jpg

Mate you have a mouse problem, you must have them for pets Lol. Or were you savaged by some farm watch dog while poaching. Could let you have better one that that mate.

Cheers Arry

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, stealthy1 said:

I'd just chop the buttons off and Velcro the pocket flaps.

Thanks stealthy1 been thinking along them lines.

My ferreting mate recons the sas smock has velcro on the pockets already so that could be done. I was hoping somebody had tried one and could tell me how waterproof they are.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1

Thanks Joe but they are only windproof they don't have the Gortex type liner. The Dutch one is quite good apart from the liner didn't work, tried reproofing not sure if it works now but the jacket got fare few holes from the barbed wire. I do like the look of the sas one that one it has more pockets. The old ones used to have like a poachers pocket in the back which was most useful for carrying a 5 or 10 meter stop net.

Really want a Camo jacket that can keep the water out, especially after this autumn and winter.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1