Carbon fibre buddy bottles

I’ve read that carbon fibre bottles have a lifespan of 15 years. Does that mean that if you have a rifle with one of these fitted, you have to replace the buddy bottle after 15 years? Looks like they’re around £300 for a carbon fibre buddy bottle, not an expense that you’d want really. Does anybody here know what the situation is regarding these, are they unsafe to use after 15 years?

Well, for the dive bottle after 15yrs they are scrap, you can’t get them filled legally.

for the buddy bottles, they used to have a date stamped on them, after that date you was supposed to change them (I believe the metal buddy bottles are the same).

i personally know of two that are almost 25yr old and still going strong, I would say, ‘at your own risk’  I guess, always fine until something goes wrong.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, big napper said:

A mate of mine is going to convert my hw100 and put carbon fibre buddy bottle on it, he is getting me a buddy bottle for about £130 i think he said, 300 sounds steep mate

Can I ask why, is it weight or shot count ?