Equal amounts of slow cooked rabbit and boiled ham. Shred, season to taste and mix together. Line a shallow oven (quiche) dish with pastry then put in the meat into the dish in the shape of a cross. Crack an egg into each of the 4 corners (yes I know its a fkn round dish) ?. Put a pastry lid on and make a few vents, cook on medium until pastry is golden brown. There you go Rabbit and Ham Pie. Good hot or cold as the eggs set the pie. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, hambone said:

Equal amounts of slow cooked rabbit and boiled ham. Shred, season to taste and mix together. Line a shallow oven (quiche) dish with pastry then put in the meat into the dish in the shape of a cross. Crack an egg into each of the 4 corners (yes I know its a fkn round dish) ?. Put a pastry lid on and make a few vents, cook on medium until pastry is golden brown. There you go Rabbit and Ham Pie. Good hot or cold as the eggs set the pie. ?

That sounds bloody good. Might try that. Might have to get wife to help find corners in that dish mind ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 4 years later...

Usually, I don't like rabbit, but I've found one recipe, which I wanted to make at home. Well, I've tried to make it as seen here. I heat up a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the rabbit pieces on all sides. This step not only adds a nice color to the meat but also helps to lock in the juices. Then, I transfer the browned rabbit to a baking dish.
Next, I chop up some carrots, onions, and potatoes into bite-sized pieces and scatter them around the rabbit in the baking dish. I pour in some chicken broth and white wine (about half a cup of each), which creates a deliciously savory sauce as it cooks.
I cover the dish with foil and pop it into a preheated 350°F oven for about an hour, or until the rabbit is tender and cooked through. The aroma that fills the kitchen as it cooks is absolutely mouthwatering.

Edited by Xmcuggl