Boar hunt

Just watched this little clip on YouTube , not going to be to everyones taste but as someone who likes horses , bows ,and hunting a thought it was mint I’d pay go do that somewhere . Guys riding bare back shooting a bow .

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

A good watch bud. Bow hunting not my thing as never seems to be a clean kill. Very impressive Horseriding especially as bare back. Atb

I fully understand what your saying mate , bow hunting is a tricky subject seen some decent clean kills with compound bow but also seen some bad ones , I suppose for me it’s a bit of a primitive passion hunting with longbow /self bow . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Amazing ground , somebody got a drone for Christmas, music was a bit much , good skills....

I don’t watch the videos with the sound on as I never watched a video with fitting music ?

• Like 1

really well trained steady horse, and although it seemed to take him a while to bring them down I don't imagine it's exactly easy shooting a small moving target from horseback. Thanks for sharing: fascinating, and great to see that in some places you can still do this. Can you imagine what would happen if you set out on horseback with a bow and arrows over here in the UK????

4 minutes ago, skycat said:

really well trained steady horse, and although it seemed to take him a while to bring them down I don't imagine it's exactly easy shooting a small moving target from horseback. Thanks for sharing: fascinating, and great to see that in some places you can still do this. Can you imagine what would happen if you set out on horseback with a bow and arrows over here in the UK????

Nice little Arab pony by the looks of it, I had one when I was about 12 rode it everywhere bare back, as steady as they come she was

58 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Be even better with dogs running aside you I reckon ?

Yea would be a good bit fun with a runner and a catch / hold dog alltho I wouldn’t use a bow I’d opt for a decent size pig sticking knife 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, skycat said:

You’d be treated worse than nonces and rapist would if you did tht in the uk , yea one them seem to have two arrows in it befor he puts a third in to bring it down at close range , a lot people would say that it’s rong and should just shoot them one shot clean kill but for me there something about that kinda hunting that floats my boat and something I’d love to try alltho as said above I’d probably prefer to run acouple catch dogs to hold the pig then stick it or go the full medieval caboot and take a good size spear 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

You’d be treated worse than nonces and rapist would if you did tht in the uk , yea one them seem to have two arrows in it befor he puts a third in to bring it down at close range , a lot people would say that it’s rong and should just shoot them one shot clean kill but for me there something about that kinda hunting that floats my boat and something I’d love to try alltho as said above I’d probably prefer to run acouple catch dogs to hold the pig then stick it or go the full medieval caboot and take a good size spear 

Your only down the road from the FOD mate, be surprised what goes on up there ?

14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Your only down the road from the FOD mate, be surprised what goes on up there ?

I’ve seen some the pictures from out there and also herd the boar seen with a cross bow bolt in it 

• Sad 1
Just now, Elchapo said:

I’ve seen some the pictures from out there and also herd the boar seen with a cross bow bolt in it 

1 minute ago, Elchapo said:

If that's seen, it will only give an excuse to licence crossbows, like over here. Probably some cheap underpowered bow used, or maybe not.

Anyone know roughly what's the population of wild boar in the UK.  Or is it still quite small.

Atb j