Which Headlight ?

Lads bit of help please. Can any body recommend a good head light with a power spot head light. I've got about half a dozen of the Petzl style one and none cut the mustard really. I've a miners style one I used to use for fishing. I saw a group of lads out jogging the other day and bloody hell did they have bright head lights with a good beam, thought I could do with one of them. So told wifey if that could a Christmas present, she got the same old shit, Lol. So please any help coz thats going back.

Cheers Arry

https://clulite.cluson.co.uk/home/686-hl13-super-spot-head-a-lite.html

I bought one of these from a local Wynnstay shop. It’s one hell of a bit of kit. I use it walking the dog, playing fetch when it’s dark. Lamped a couple of bunnies with it too! If you get one, keep the receipt. My 1st one stopped working after a month. The replacement has been faultless. There was a 400m beam one there too, but that looked a bit big to me

Edited by MikeyMJL
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I was given a LED Lenser about a year or so ago. Flood or spot been, variable pitch of beam and variable brightness. It's decent. I've lamped rabbits with the spot beam for a laugh.

£24 Halfords bought one but chews batteries ?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Tellin ye arry try a cheap Chinese fcuker from amazon before buying a good pricey ones it’s only a few recharge batteries a couple wires an a few led’s an the head strap mate, nowt to em?

Thanks mate been looking at them and all the others and getting bamboozled, I want something with a really good beam. Has the one you got a name on it mate?

Cheers Arry

Depends how much you want to spend arry.

i have an led lenser mh10, 600 lumens on high and 150mtr spot beam on it, its about 4 year old and never missed a beat, it’s that good I’ve just ordered a spare one £66 quid.

i have also just ordered the led lenser h14.2 that’s 1000 lumens and supposed to be 300m beam but was almost £90

i prefer to have a good make as they come with a massive warranty (think it was 7 yrs).

edit to add, I like they run 18650 batteries same as all my torches, an last ten hours on max setting, think it’s about 120 hrs on low setting, and you can get the coloured filters for them 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Mines real similar to that mate, no bells or whistles just a wee light that is more than bright enough ? I let my lad take it to east barmby with the school camping am that an an instructor took it off him during the night navigation course an said it was cheating ??gave him a silly wee thing to use instead an them asked him at end where he could get one ??

I use 2 of them now for going down the trails, 1 on the bars and 1 on the head but 1 is plenty for cycling up the fire roads, plenty bright enough. 

Bought a silva head torch a good 12 yrs ago from blacks montaineering stores... Around £50 at the time, White spot, low red led, used it for everything, camping, fishing, lamping roosting birds... even work, was the bollocks to be fair, lasted until my mate dropped it down a storm culvert and it washed away?they do some good uns arry but a bit pricey ?

11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

66 notes for a spare torch? Your either scared of dark or more money than sense ??

Nah, I work till late and always after dark and can’t be without some decent light, so a spare one in the truck and one on the quad is just the ticket.

your right, I might be scared of the dark as well ?

27 minutes ago, Rabid said:

Depends how much you want to spend arry.

i have an led lenser mh10, 600 lumens on high and 150mtr spot beam on it, its about 4 year old and never missed a beat, it’s that good I’ve just ordered a spare one £66 quid.

i have also just ordered the led lenser h14.2 that’s 1000 lumens and supposed to be 300m beam but was almost £90

i prefer to have a good make as they come with a massive warranty (think it was 7 yrs).

edit to add, I like they run 18650 batteries same as all my torches, an last ten hours on max setting, think it’s about 120 hrs on low setting, and you can get the coloured filters for them 

Met a lad  using a lenser and have to say it looked way better than what we were using, really decent bit of kit. 

24 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Bought a silva head torch a good 12 yrs ago from blacks montaineering stores... Around £50 at the time, White spot, low red led, used it for everything, camping, fishing, lamping roosting birds... even work, was the bollocks to be fair, lasted until my mate dropped it down a storm culvert and it washed away?they do some good uns arry but a bit pricey ?

Roosting birds how very dare you, what kinda country gentleman do you think I am Lol.

Joking aside I've a load of crap ones, and there are a load of what look quite good and cheap ones out there be nice to know if there any good.

Cheers Arry