Ferreted Rabbits sold at Melton

micky

I was speaking to a friend on boxing day who is involved with the running of a shoot and he asked me if I wanted some partridges for ferret food.

I thought he meant a  few but said they cant give them away game dealers haven't taken any all season or pheasants.

He said I can have the whole bag between 50 and 100.

I will take them and share them with my ferreting mates and de breast some to eat.

This seems to be a common theme among shoots speaking to people I know with one chap reporting they just burry them with a JCB.

It seems incredible the waste.

On 26/12/2019 at 18:40, budgie123 said:

I was speaking to a friend on boxing day who is involved with the running of a shoot and he asked me if I wanted some partridges for ferret food.

I thought he meant a  few but said they cant give them away game dealers haven't taken any all season or pheasants.

He said I can have the whole bag between 50 and 100.

I will take them and share them with my ferreting mates and de breast some to eat.

This seems to be a common theme among shoots speaking to people I know with one chap reporting they just burry them with a JCB.

It seems incredible the waste.

Just think how many family's 100 birds could feed ,shoots around me give out oven ready birds to food banks ,oap homes and soup kitchens etc ,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1