Recurve bows

15 minutes ago, Gav said:

Ah those 2 worked, but the third says max 14mb and its only 7mb ?

Press the edit button and add the extra one ?? I know it’s shooting fish in a barrel but for anyone interested, the bearded woodsman has a few adventures ?

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No a few on here would love a go ??  

Loving the price sticker...£7:30 ?

Yerr, more chance of winning the lotto? the g10’s made the gat seem powerful ???

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Press the edit button and add the extra one ?? I know it’s shooting fish in a barrel but for anyone interested, the bearded woodsman has a few adventures ?

Tried adding separately but says -200 ?

1 minute ago, Greyman said:

Just tried putting a pic up and. Playing up for me as well mate could be my iPad having a moment or maybe the gremlins are still in the system ✌️

Yeah I'm on PC, managed first ones fine, but now can't do anything, must be gremlins ?

That bearded woodsman is hilarious ?

2 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Good video that. I don’t know if bow fishing and spear fishing is legal in Britain, but I’d like a go at that. I bet the arrow heads aren’t easily available though?

Its legal for fishing and broadheads are readily available. It's certainly not easy though. There are reels you can get to attach to the riser where the stabalizing rod goes.

IMG_20181116_095252.jpg.c20d721c5862af72c07dc340f5cd30e1.jpg.70d4cd98e920f106b8de02ff645694c3.jpg

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, jetro said:

As already said, very nice set up. 

What's the make of the crossbow.

Atb j 

Thats a Barnett quad 400, tweeked to 170lbs draw, around 390fps, I use headhunter carbon bolts, its great out to 75-80yards but quickly drops off after that.

21 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I bet you wear green tights ?? some set up mate

Only Lincoln green ??

Honestly you haven't seen a quarter of the archery stuff I have, I've been safety and equipment officer at the local club 15 years or so.

Edited by Gav
sausage fingers
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Gav said:

Its legal for fishing and broadheads are readily available. It's certainly not easy though. There are reels you can get to attach to the riser where the stabalizing rod goes.

IMG_20181116_095252.jpg.c20d721c5862af72c07dc340f5cd30e1.jpg.70d4cd98e920f106b8de02ff645694c3.jpg

That’s interesting Gav, I’m going to look into this. Always fancied a decent bow?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure bowfishing (and spearfishing) in freshwater is illegal.

I was pretty sure its still a form of fishing? I know hunting quarry with a bow is illegal, but bow fishing with a reel doesn't fall in! Now I am no legal expert, and have been proven wrong many times before, so is it illegal, like everything else , probably when you get caught ?

Edited by Gav
Fat fingers McGraww
19 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure bowfishing (and spearfishing) in freshwater is illegal.

Now I've looked into this, Bow hunting is illegal as we all know, Bow fishing isn't mentioned in this law, so I think its how you interpret it? As it only states "bow hunting", so are hunting and fishing different? I'd say so, but that's my opinion and I've been wrong so many times before, ce la vie.

Not forgetting its still legal to shoot a Scotsman carrying a bow in York excluding Sunday, so I'll leave mine at home if I ever visit York ?

• Like 1