She’s got birds now - the UK Carrier Strike Group

21 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

was talking to a guy at work about the new f35 and he said there was 3 different types.had no idea.vulcan though had to be the best followed by the sr71

A, B & C variants. A is the regular airforce jet whereas the B and C variants are designed for Naval/maritime operations with B a ‘jump jet’ and C kitted for catapult assisted take off (a navalised version of A).

The blackbird was so fast that to counter missiles they just put the hammer down and literally outran them! :shok: :laugh:

The F-22 Raptor has to be one of the meanest fighters in history though.

• 11 months later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve posted updates on this over the years. Here’s some more for those interested...

That thrust vectoring nozzle makes it look like something straight out of Transformers!

great video this..iv'e seen it a good few times..

Posted Images

I think this is f***ing awesome. Nearly there and not a moment too soon.

Full disclosure; there are a couple of foreign warships in there and half the 35s are USMC.

No doubt things are far from rosy with respect to the future of the UK military or politics but given we are trying to walk the path of independence again I genuinely believe this big stick is a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I think this is f***ing awesome. Nearly there and not a moment too soon.

Full disclosure; there are a couple of foreign warships in there and half the 35s are USMC.

No doubt things are far from rosy with respect to the future of the UK military or politics but given we are trying to walk the path of independence again I genuinely believe this big stick is a good thing.

ship in the front is an rfa     tideforce i think 

2 minutes ago, riohog said:

ship in the front is an rfa     tideforce i think 

Correct mate.

HMS Queen Elizabeth is sailing with HMS Defender, HMS Diamond, HMS Northumberland, HMS Kent, RFA Fort Victoria and RFA Tideforce in addition to the USS The Sullivans and Dutch vessel HNLMS Evertsen.

6 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Still miniscule compared with the big three but might keep those EU fishermen at bay lol....

The Russians can't quite field anything like this, they have different naval doctrine tbh. The Chinese are working up to it but comfortably behind us I'd say. The French are respectable and seasoned but arguably inferior in this instance. And the yanks are our mates, thank f**k. :laugh:

No doubt we have issues but I'm willing to put praise where it's due.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The Russians can't quite field anything like this, they have different naval doctrine tbh. The Chinese are working up to it but comfortably behind us I'd say. The French are respectable and seasoned but arguably inferior in this instance. And the yanks are our mates, thank f**k. :laugh:

No doubt we have issues but I'm willing to put praise where it's due.

“Going to war without the French is like going duck shooting without an accordion “ as someone much better than me once said 

• Haha 1
Just now, Balaur said:

I was shocked how many EU nations didn't do night time stuff in Afghan.....

Stiffmeister will tell you all about the French military........and let’s face it, the old track record isn’t too clever.