hi all.

currently got all my dogs living outside In kennels. in the evenings I have the one of the terrier pups Inside to sit infront of the fire on the couch. both are only 6 months at the moment. a friend says letting them inside is going to make them soft. does anyone have any opinions on this or experience with dogs inside vs outside? plan is for them to be dug to.

thanks

• Haha 1

It won't make the slightest difference,  they are what they are,  no amount of pampering will turn a loon into a fanny and visa versa

• Like 16

Might affect their jacket, but don't imagine much else. I much prefer mine out , firstly because there isn't room in the house, and it would be a zoo with couple of young kids and dogs. Kids and missus have less chance to corrupt any training or feeding, just easier tbh. Atb Joe

• Like 3

most I`ve had outside wouldn't come in anyway even when the door was left open ...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

thanks for the replies. both dogs will only be used for below ground so apart from stock breaking not much training

17 hours ago, sid g said:

most I`ve had outside wouldn't come in anyway even when the door was left open ...

just for you abc re your confused emoji ... I`ve kept terriers in kennels for over 40 year and none would be interested in coming in the house even when  I left the  house doors open ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid g said:

just for you abc re your confused emoji ... I`ve kept terriers in kennels for over 40 year and none would be interested in coming in the house even when  I left the  house doors open ...

Even when u got the fire on🤨

On 09/10/2019 at 11:18, sid g said:

Sorry but I find it strange that your dog's won't go in the house even if You leave the door open. I would think seeing there hunting dog's they would want to go in to take a look around atleast out of curiosity. 

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 23:22, Ace Boone coon said:

Sorry but I find it strange that your dog's won't go in the house even if You leave the door open. I would think seeing there hunting dog's they would want to go in to take a look around atleast out of curiosity. 

Mine know better

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 23:22, Ace Boone coon said:

I think they may be scared of the horse I keep in the living room ..

• Haha 6