Just to bring a bit more attention...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's why you ain't invited

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but i

I'll put some more photos up later of my last hunt up there.

Posted Images

Stoney this is exactly it. Give me ideas. I've laid out the requirements. Stranger dog friendly and will push boar. The don't even need to be stock broke, just bloody push through hard and be controlled. 

My first thought was fox hounds or packs. But hell as you said its early stages and all ideas are bloody well welcome ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Stoney this is exactly it. Give me ideas. I've laid out the requirements. Stranger dog friendly and will push boar. The don't even need to be stock broke, just bloody push through hard and be controlled. 

My first thought was fox hounds or packs. But hell as you said its early stages and all ideas are bloody well welcome ?

It’s definitely do-able mate......pet passport and rabies jabs for the dogs, few tubs of cherry for when your out of england and your away.

Im taking my dogs over to sweden next September for some daytime work and it really is simple now, no quarantine etc just papers and need vets both ends to sign them.

if you can sort I’ll definitely come ?

• Like 1

Now Mush has been put in his place and shown up for his bullshit I will let him continue in his quest. 

You should know by now you don't upset me and get away without receiving a smacked bum. 

Good luck in finding your boar hunting pack that Includes long nosed, none bull or mastiff type catch dogs...... ?

2 minutes ago, Jobi said:

Now Mush has been put in his place and shown up for his bullshit I will let him continue in his quest. 

You should know by now you don't upset me and get away without receiving a smacked bum. 

Good luck in finding your boar hunting pack that Includes long nosed, none bull or mastiff type catch dogs...... ?

Jibber

• Like 1

Anyways, it's late and the request is out there. Ladies and gentlemen this is what it is. We want to be able to have a few boar with dogs and we need something different that will push and flush. Once that's sorted we can look at the pegs 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Waz said:

No No No, they are pointers, chien d'arret in french is pointing dogs, end of. I think I might be right in saying the only french HPR is a Brittany. Apologies for the negative start to my reply, but its in response also to Nicepix reply. They dont bring chien d'arrets to find lost bigger game.

Lost bigger game is often found with teckels, in the permit de chasse papers one year was included the phone numbers of a few teckel owners in an association who'd blood track. But theirs always a few fox terrier owners even more local even more local, & ive had the pleasure to witness.

I have seen it with my own eyes in three different areas. They drive the boar towards the guns and any that are thought to be wounded and escaped are then hunted down by a guy or guys with four or five large, rough coated hounds. They take the dogs to point of the last sighting and then take it from there.

3 hours ago, Nicepix said:

I have seen it with my own eyes in three different areas. They drive the boar towards the guns and any that are thought to be wounded and escaped are then hunted down by a guy or guys with four or five large, rough coated hounds. They take the dogs to point of the last sighting and then take it from there.

Do you hunt here in France?

They wouldnt of been 'chien d'arrets'. Just big rough hounds, possibly griffon nivernais. You should have taken a nice pix.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Probably rules out my dog then. Don't suppose you'll be short of mad c**ts with knives, so I'll praps be of no use. :laugh:

Unless you want to bowhunt them.... :D

Depends mate, if the dog will push,  it can join the pack ?‍♂️ and you can be one of the beaters lol

Tbh I don't think,  there'd be an issue if you want to peg with a rifle. There's a lot of space between where people will be stood. This is not going to be everyone stood in a line. It'll be individuals dotted about and not in sight of each other ;)

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Depends mate, if the dog will push,  it can join the pack ?‍♂️ and you can be one of the beaters lol

Tbh I don't think,  there'd be an issue if you want to peg with a rifle. There's a lot of space between where people will be stood. This is not going to be everyone stood in a line. It'll be individuals dotted about and not in sight of each other ;)

Bit reluctant to let this terrier go in unknown country with holes potentially about the place. I'd be quite happy firing him into a boar otherwise.

Let's see how things develop...

• Like 1