First go on the sheep farm

So I gathered up the long one and headed up to the sheep farm for a wonder, on arrival we had half an hour chat with my good mate who’s running the farm while farmer John is away enjoying a bit of sun before the hard work starts, we headed down the farm to the wheat and rape stubbles, past the sheep to the top gate, a quick run round the field with the lamp and there was the eye shine, passing the lamp to longshanx I mounted the rifle and gave a few blasts on the caller, the ginger headed straight towards us stopping about 75 yards ish from us on the stubbles, with the wind behind us it knew there was something a miss, so a quick shot taken and down she went, after a walk around and seeing nothing else we headed back towards the farm as we arrived at the sheep field and ran the lamp I noticed all the ewes looking in one direction, moving the lamp further up the hedge there it was, now this was well over 230 yards and I could just see the head, a few blasts on the caller and with no interest showing it went through the hedge onto next doors land, so that one will have to keep for another day 

a note to my miserable mate who I take out, this is what you should look like when you do a good job for someone ?

696CA3FE-DD80-44F2-8A53-2F16AD8E46DA.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Good stuff but I'm not sure teaching your mate to look like a deranged psycho nut case is advisable stav!

Any way, good luck next time.?

That’s my happy, friendly face. Do you think it’s a bit much ? it might explain why people don’t stand to close to me

• Haha 1

Back up on the sheep farm tonight for a wander, just to get me ready for going back to work tomorrow , I took the .17 HMR for a bit of bunny bashing for a bit of fox bait and had a good walk around looking for foxy evidence, I managed 9 hoppers and dropped them off at places around the farm giving me good backstops, as I lost the light I headed back to the farm yard and gave it 40 minutes with the .243 I had the torch mounted on the top ( not my favourite way of shooting) with the caller out in the field it wasn’t long before I spotted one to my right along the hedge, now this one winded me and was off through the hedge, giving it another 30 minutes I thought I’d call it a night, unloading the rifle and removing the lamp I went through the gate to collect the caller, for some reason I ran the lamp down the field and there was a fox making its was up the centre of the field, so by the time I’d managed to load the rifle and got the lamp on it it had trotted off onto next doors field, so not the most successful of outings, so I’m now looking for a lamp man for next Saturday and I’m going back to the way I’ve always done it, apart from the nv spotter I’ve just acquired ?

what do you think of these lovely ladies BenBhoy ??

512BFCB3-4F2F-4650-835B-FC4713648113.jpeg

C74DC520-A8C5-4D97-8099-AEB4E504A2F5.jpeg

5F927464-DFBA-4471-AEDF-52C52971973E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

All I can recommend is that next time you get a fox stav that you remove your coat and lay it out on the ground.

Next you remove the fox's bladder and then dribble its contents on your coat.

No more wind issues.

Well that sounds delightful, her indoors doesn’t want me in the house at the best of times I think if I was stinking like a fox she would not let me through the door ???

• Haha 1