A bit of luck is a great thing,

For the last few months I had it in my head to get a bigger fish tank,we have an 80 litre tank,and used it to learn a little on the hobby of tropical fish keeping, so I was working in a house , painting bedrooms for the priests of the local church and I walked in to a vacant room and there before me was a 180 litre tank,a stand,filter,air pump,books and other accessories,.I was talking to the head man and asked if I could buy it,he said he'd make enquires and came back next day to say the owner was in Rome never to return..He rang him and I got the go ahead to purchase it,the price on it was 50 euros.....I nearly wet myself,I whipped out my wallet, and paid there and then...

I collected it the same night and now I've to put it all together...it was some bargain I have to say...probably cost a fair bit putting it together but I'm chuffed I got a lucky break

I then went to call on a house that needed a job done and when we were talking she asked if i knew anyone that might buy a sofa,i asked how much ,she said a few hundred,after talking it came about her hubby had recently passed away and he sat on it most of the time as he was too unwell to go out and she couldnt have it in the house any longer as it gave her bad memories of him,so I said it to the Mrs,and she said buy it ..next day ,ripped out my old sofa and bought this one ,which i might add was 2200 euro 18 months before...and as you can see the saluki approves of it anyway...another cool deal...i hope my luck keeps going in this direction lol

Now,maybe I find a Greyhound mill some day at a bargain price ,then I'm done with dealing lol

IMG_20190724_190339.jpg

IMG_20190724_190009.jpg

IMG_20190724_190218.jpg

IMG_20190724_190249.jpg

IMG_20190714_164620.jpg

IMG_20190727_095114.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nice one mate,  do love a fish tank, Pisces ♓️,  bit harsh but I snagged this off a bloke that had his house repossessed, started asking £250 but as the eviction notice come closer the price went down ended up give a £50 the night before the bailiffs turned up, it was brand new at the time and even came with fish in it, Better watch than a tv enjoy ✌️

5980A1CB-6219-4E2C-A618-D7BD70FF6203.jpeg

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Nice one mate,  do love a fish tank, Pisces ♓️,  bit harsh but I snagged this off a bloke that had his house repossessed, started asking £250 but as the eviction notice come closer the price went down ended up give a £50 the night before the bailiffs turned up, it was brand new at the time and even came with fish in it, Better watch than a tv enjoy ✌️

Rutheless G man!

50quid more than the fella would've got from the bailiffs I guess.

47 minutes ago, Greyman said:

That's an even better bargain than mine lol

Get some pics up when its done mate,i love seeing new tank pictures.....thats a Juwel tank if im not mistaken ?.....they have them dirty great big internal filters a lot of people cut them out to free up space and use a normal external canister filter....just an idea.

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

what fish came with it?thats a plecko i see on the glass anyway i think?

They were all cichlids mate, not my bag plus I already had fish in other tanks waiting, so I took them up the pet shop and swapped them for some food and other bits for the tank, originally I had a big pair of oscars and the two huge plecs in there but one of the oscars died I took the other one and the plecs to the zoo and moved my community fish in ? 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Get some pics up when its done mate,i love seeing new tank pictures.....thats a Juwel tank if im not mistaken ?.....they have them dirty great big internal filters a lot of people cut them out to free up space and use a normal external canister filter....just an idea.

will do Gnasher but we are at this moment trying to work out how to get it off the tank as its glued to the glass lol...great big ugly thing it is .....any ideas what to use to remove it without damaging silicone .

Edited by jigsaw
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

will do Gnasher but we are at this moment trying to work out how to get it off the tank as its glued to the glass lol...great big ugly thing it is .....any ideas what to use to remove it without damaging silicone .

If its the one i think it is mate the plastic casing is siliconed onto the face of the glass you,ll have to remove the silicone afterwards anyway......just cut up the sides and across the bottom with a sharp blade and it,ll come out......then just remove the silicone thats left on the glass with a blade/vinegar.

Dont worry the tanks not going to fall apart that silicone is only to keep the filter in place not the glass itself ?

Jigsaw it was bugging me so i just rang a pal of mine who used to have one of them he says there are 2 blobs of silicone on each face but they are hard to get to.....a long sharp knife will do it though then just clean up the silicone thats left with a sharp blade/vinegar etc

He said he had a number of small fish die due to getting stuck in the gap behind it and its a crap filter anyway.....so worth doing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Jigsaw it was bugging me so i just rang a pal of mine who used to have one of them he says there are 2 blobs of silicone on each face but they are hard to get to.....a long sharp knife will do it though then just clean up the silicone thats left with a sharp blade/vinegar etc

He said he had a number of small fish die due to getting stuck in the gap behind it and its a crap filter anyway.....so worth doing.

thanks gnasher,were going to do it in a few minutes,the son bought a heap of cory dorys for the other tan just half and hour ago,we were looking at the bog wood but fuk me the price of it is stiff ,lol but i got to get it ,maybe next week lol....well that was simple ,the filter was only on with 2 blobs of cillicone.......sounds familiar that lol

Edited by jigsaw