I applied for a variation on my firearms certificate. I sent the application along with my cert on Monday morning recorded delivery, just first class with a signature not the guarantee next day that costs £6 just the £1.90 job . Wednesday morning it’s back . Well done Gloucestershire firearms department. 👍

• Like 8

Good turn around, i know some forces do it the same day if you take it in. 

What are you getting?

Funny  enough SL i sent off for a variation yesterday .243 to staffordshire with any luck ill get the same result as you 

ive never had a issue with staffs tho there on the ball up there

atb 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ianm said:

Good turn around, i know some forces do it the same day if you take it in. 

What are you getting?

I’m getting a Tikka T3 varmint stainless in .243 and also a moderator. I disposed of my old rifle and Sound mod with a RFD and asked for space to buy new . It was basically like for like . I was a bit annoyed really because my moderator was a pes T10 and relatively new . But it’s the wrong thread for a varmint , which I believe is 14mm the old was 12mm . 

Edited by shovel leaner

15 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Funny  enough SL i sent off for a variation yesterday .243 to staffordshire with any luck ill get the same result as you 

ive never had a issue with staffs tho there on the ball up there

atb 

One week with my recent 22 change with staffs.

I have two T3 supervarmints in .204 and i am really suited with them. The thread is 18mm on a varmint barrel and 14mm on the sporter. A mate of mine bought the supervarmint in .243 a couple of months ago and i shot it  whilst setting his n/v scope up for him. It was shooting ragged one hole groups with factory winchester ammo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ianm said:

I have two T3 supervarmints in .204 and i am really suited with them. The thread is 18mm on a varmint barrel and 14mm on the sporter. A mate of mine bought the supervarmint in .243 a couple of months ago and i shot it  whilst setting his n/v scope up for him. It was shooting ragged one hole groups with factory winchester ammo.

I wasn’t sure what the thread was . All I knew was that my old mod wouldn’t fit it . I’m getting it sent via the RFD service to a gunsmith friend. I’m just going to get the supplier to send it with one that suits it , I’m going for the Atec . 

hopefully ill be getting the same Tikka t3x stainless 243 im luck with the wild cat evolution ill just buy a new inset 

and the weaver rail on my 223 will be fitted to the 243 save a few bob there 

• Like 1

The last one I did  was to put a .243 back on and add a second.17hmr and it was back in under 48 hours, I can’t  fault Cleveland firearms

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, David.evans said:

hopefully ill be getting the same Tikka t3x stainless 243 im luck with the wild cat evolution ill just buy a new inset 

and the weaver rail on my 223 will be fitted to the 243 save a few bob there 

Are you getting  a T3X  supervarmint or just the sporter barrel?