Thanks for letting me join this forum and I look forward to learning from you all and sharing this great hobby.

I don’t quite know where to start this post but here goes....

as a young lad I enjoyed shooting air rifles with my friends and it seemed like back then everyone had either a rifle or a catapult and we would spend hours out in the fields hunting ( before the days of PlayStation ??) ,then after spending a good few years of my adult life as a soldier which was undoubtedly influenced by many hours stalking and messing around in the fields(I’m now a civvy again). Now with 2 children of my own I thought the last thing I wanted to do was look at another set of cross hairs but how wrong could I have been. One of my best mates gave my 9 year old a hw25l for his birthday and I just looked at him with rolled eyes and sighed but my son was absolutely buzzing with it and off to the local range we went.

after setting up a few targets I looked down the scopes and pulled the trigger and WOW... I felt like a teenager again and a huge grin appeared on my face. Oh my god how could this be, I really enjoyed shooting again but the biggest enjoyment was watching my son nail the target and group tight (proud dad moment).

next thing I knew I was at one of my local dealers and purchasing a new HW98 ....This ones for dad son ?

After spending a good few hours honing my skills with it and grouping tight I decided to do a bit of hunting and quickly got the buzz back for the live quarry but I quickly realised that a pcp would be a good addition for my live shooting and this is where I got soooo lucky.

i also post on another forum occasionally and I was on the lookout for a hw100k when I got a heads up from vislauk saying his mate bigmac had a cracking one going so as he was only a few miles from me I went to look at it and boom bought it as soon as I saw it.

What a cracking set of lads, they are full of encouragement and advice and even letting me test the gun out on their permission which is well above and beyond what I would expect of anyone.

Now a few weeks on from that I’ve been out again with bigmac with vislauk’s blessing and I’ll post this in the hunting stories section later but I would just like to say I’ve got the bug well and truly back thanks to my friend and my son and have already met 2 cracking lads from this forum who couldn’t have possibly done any more to make me feel welcome and supported into the hobby, these lads are a credit to the sport and the salt of the earth and I’m extremely grateful and happy to have 2 new friends. Bigmac has been amazing and has already taught me so much I feel like a sponge just learning constantly from him and he is patient and a good instructor. 

PS thanks for the little fix on the gun vislauk you really know your way round a hw100 , i look forward to learning more from them and making new friends with the hope that some day I can repay the kindness shown to me by them with a few invites on to permissions of my own ( better get knocking )

again thanks for letting me join this forum and here’s to the future.

regards Chris.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...